Chapter 21- Armageddon

He was in his castle. Madisyn stood at the door, pulling on her cape.

"Do you really have to go?" Loki asked.

The marcher smiled. "I'm only going out for the night, honey. After all, it's not every night Vahl comes to town. We haven't had a Girl's Night in ages!"

"Yes, but..." He twaddled his fingers. "I thought we could...have a You-and-Me Night."

He glanced down sadly. Then he felt Madisyn's soft hand lift his chin so his eyes could meet hers. While her Stare could never manipulate him in the way it did animals, her loving gaze would always warm his heart. Then she gently kissed him on the nose.

"Tell you what," she said. "Tomorrow, we can drop Belle off at Frisk's for a sleepover and then we'll spend the whole night together. How does that sound?"

His lips slowly curled into a smile and he nodded.

"Besides," Madisyn continued, "it's not like you'll be alone."

As if on cue, a four-year-old Belle appeared between them.

"Mommy, Mommy!" she chimed. "Can you read me a bedtime story?"

"Sorry, honey," the marcher said, taking the girl in her arms. "Mommy has to leave now."

"Where are you going?"

"Out with your aunts. I will be back before morning." She kissed her daughter on the forehead. "Be good for your father, now."

"I will, Mommy."

Once she was gone, Loki sunk onto the couch. Young Belle tapped his leg.

"Why Daddy sad?"

The frost giant looked down at the sweet girl's blue eyes. They were filled with concern, yet still adorable. Smiling slightly, he lifted the toddler onto his knee.

"Daddy just misses Mommy, that's all."

Belle nodded in understanding. Loki looked up as he felt chocolate milk drip onto his head. He grinned when he saw it falling from a cotton candy cloud. He scooted out of the way and made a glass appear to catch the milk.

"Feel better?" Belle asked.

He turned to the girl and squeezed her in the crook of his arm. "Yes, dear. Feel better."

The scene shifted and Loki found himself in the garden. He glanced around at the greenery.

"Alright!" he called. "Where are you?"

He heard a laugh and spun around. Belle , now a teenager, was peering out from behind a tree.

"Aha!"

She gasped and teleported out of her position.

"You can run, but you can't hide!"

He was about to look for his daughter when he heard another giggle, this one delicate and enchanting. He grinned mischievously and moved as quietly as possible towards the sound. He then spied a spot of brown behind a bush. Chuckling to himself, he teleported to that spot and surprised Madisyn as he scooped her up in his arms.

"You're it," he whispered.

Madisyn groaned. "We need to make a new set of rules for this game."

"Rules? My dear, have you forgotten who you married?"

He then brought his lips down upon hers. She moaned in response.

"Do you guys have to do that every time you catch each other?"