Chapter 13- The Mysterious Male

Loki and Belle were rolling on the floor laughing after their successful prank on Cwryen Caster. She had sat down for a second only to set off a giant whoopee cushion that mooed like a cow. She snorted along with them.

"Okay, you got me! Good one!"

Loki's laughter died down as his wife approached him.

"Up to your old mischief, I see," Madisyn said.

He smiled nervously. "Well, I...just a little?"

"So I take it you're too busy for a dance?"

The frost giant jumped up and grabbed her hands. "Never!"

Belle watched as her parents glided across the dance floor. She also saw Chara with Cedric Goodwyn and Mavis Spence with Connor Price. Selina Kyle was dancing with some prince while Nichole and Chris were grooving. The romance in the air made Belle sigh.

"Can you believe they finally got together?" Chloe asked, joining her friend.

"Connor and Spence or Chara and Cedric Goodwyn?"

"Both! Crazy, huh?"

"Well, it was about time, don't you think?"

"Yeah. If there was somebody special in your life or mine, then this really would be an eventful evening!"

"Right," Belle muttered.

"Excuse me?"

The two girls looked up at the sound of a male's voice. It belonged to a Asgardian prince man with blue eyes and blonde hair. He held out his hand.

"May I have this dance, Miss?"

Belle looked around and pointed to herself. "Me?"

"But of course."

She glanced at Chloe, who mouthed, "Go on!"

"Um..." Belle stammered. "Sure."

Her marcher friend winked at her as the male led Belle onto the dance floor. He bowed to her before pulling her in. The male was exceptionally light on his feet, even when dancing on his tip toes! As he dipped her and Belle got a glimpse of his eyes, she could not help but think there was something familiar about him.

"Have we met?"

The male smirked. "No, we're complete strangers."

He was lying.

"Are you sure?"

"Well, I know who you are."

"You do?"

"You're Belle, daughter of Loki, the God of Mischief."

"Was it the eyes?"

"Actually, it was the gorgeous brown hair."

She raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, so it was the pretty blue eyes."

"You're just full of those, aren't you?" Belle muttered.

The male chuckled. "You're as quick as you are attractive."

"You certain we've never met?"

"Hmm. We might have crossed paths once."

"Did you go to my school or something?"

"I doubt it. I was homeschooled."

"Homeschooled?" A certain someone came to mind, but she had to make sure. "What's your name?"

He leaned forward and whispered in her ear. "If I told you, you'd know I was lying."

When he moved away, his blue eyes flashed brown. Belle's pupils dilated.