Chapter 23- Ever after

When the young couple floated back to the ground, their lips were still locked. The world around them had returned to normal and not a fire giant, except Rumple, was in sight. The girls and boys hopped out of their hiding places and cheered. Loki was struck in awe, but still angry.

"At some point they should come up for air!" he exclaimed furiously.

Alyssa rolled her eyes. "Hon, the boy just saved our lives! Not to mention he brought Serverus back."

When the pair finally pulled away, Rumple was smiling like an idiot.

"Wow!"

His eyes spun in circles and animated hearts popped up behind his head. This made Belle giggle. Her friends rushed to her side and embraced her.

"That was amazing!" Mavis Spence shouted.

"Heroic!" Cedric Goodwyn added.

"Cool!" the Tri-Casters piped.

"Romantic!" Cordelia Goodwyn sighed.

"Awesome!" Kara said, but then she stuck out her tongue. "Even if it did involve kissing."

"So you guys aren't mad at me?" Belle asked hopefully.

"Of course not!" Chara insisted. "We forgive you!"

"Yeah," Cedric Goodwyn said, putting his hand to his bandaged head. "It wasn't even that bad."

Meanwhile, Rumple was twirling in circles, lost in the memory of the bliss he had just experienced.

"Uh oh," Mavis Spence chuckled. "Beauty, I think your kiss did more than save the world. You've made the poor boy all loopy!"

The group laughed. Belle broke their hug and walked over to her boyfriend. She put her hands on his shoulders to stop him from falling over. Rumple then returned to his senses, only to get lost in her hypnotic blues.

"I'm proud of you, Beauty."

They turned toward Vahl, who had her magic back.

"You lost yourself in your emotions, but in the end, you did not lose sight of what was truly important: the love for your family, the love for your friends, and," the princess smirked, "the love for your man."

Rumple blushed nervously. "Princess...I know I've done some bad things in the past, but I swear I'll be careful around humans! I can become a vegetarian and live on chocolate!"

Vahl laughed. "You are pardoned, Rumple."

The princess' mirth diminished when Loki stepped in front of her. Rumple shrunk under the frost giant's strict glare. His arms were folded and his face wore a frown. The fire giant clung to Belle for leverage. She gave him a reassuring squeeze.

Loki glanced between the two. Neither said anything for a long while. Then he sighed and extended his hand towards the fire giant.

Rumple looked at it unsurely. He glanced at Belle, who was grinning excitedly. She let go of him and nudged him toward Loki's hand. The prince gazed up at the frost giant. His eyebrow was raised, as if to say: Do you want my daughter or not?

The fire giant slowly raised his hand and placed it in his hand. As soon as they made contact, Rumple felt a bolt of electricity and shook uncontrollably. He wrenched his hand away.

Loki started laughing and revealed the joybuzzer in his hand. He clutched his stomach as he collapsed to the ground. The Caster family was laughing as well, as was Belle. The others either giggled or just grinned in amusement.

Rumple looked at his girlfriend in confusion. "What are you laughing at? Your dad just electrocuted me!"

Belle chuckled as she patted him on the back. "Baby, that's his way of showing that he likes you!"