Chapter 18- Truth or Mischief?

"How do you suppose we'll find them?" Tatum asked once they each had their necklaces on. "They could be anywhere in Ohio by now!"

The humans gasped as an all-too-familiar laugh echoed throughout the palace.

"He's here!" Madisyn shivered.

"Loki!" Vahl called. "Stop this madness!"

The frost giant laughed again, still not revealing himself. "Madness? I assure you, I am quite sane. After all, how else do you expect me to react when I discover that my innocent, devoted wife is not so innocent and devoted!"

"Loki, listen to me!" Madisyn shouted. "What you saw, it wasn't me!"

"Oh, really? How many other humans can match your delicate beauty? Alyssa, you were there! You saw!"

"I don't know what I saw!" Alyssa cried, looking around for the source of the voice.

"We have the Elements of Pride, Loki!" Vahl declared. "Surrender Belle and Serverus and you won't be harmed!"

"I won't be harmed?" He roared with laughter. "That's rich! That's real rich!"

The princess stomped her foot. "Enough! Why are you even here?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

Madisyn squealed as Loki came out of nowhere and scooped her into his arms.

"I've come to collect my wife, of course!"

"What?!" Madisyn gasped. "I...I thought you were mad at me."

"Oh, I was," he purred, stroking her hair. "But I don't blame you, my dear. It was that pesky man who corrupted your innocence. Don't worry. He won't be a problem anymore."

Her eyes widened. "W-what did you do to him?"

He chuckled. "You don't want to know."

Alyssa gulped. "The male...was real?!"

"Oh, yes," Loki sighed. "He was real. I could tell by the way he screamed."

Vahl gulped, but maintained her stern appearance. "You've gone too far this time, Loki!"

"Oh, blah, blah, blah! Tell it to someone who cares, Princess! That title is so weak, by the way! I mean come on, who does Auer think he is, handing a crown and throne to a plain, ordinary dark elf?"

"Hey!" Nichole Price shouted, standing defensively in front of Vahl.

"After all, that crown should go to somebody who really deserves it."

Vahl gasped as her crown levitated from her head and onto Madisyn's.

"Loki, what...?" the marcher started to say.

"Picture it, my dear!" Loki said, holding her out to face him. "You and I will rule this land together as the King and Queen of Mischief!"

Madisyn's eyes widened. "What?"

"It'll be better than anything you've ever dreamed, darling! We'll improve this boring, pathetic world into a beautiful playground for our children! And since we have forever, there will be more children to come! We could repopulate!"

Madisyn yanked herself out of Loki's grasp. "What's gotten into you? I thought you had abandoned these thoughts!"

"I did not abandon them. I merely...set them aside for a while." He smirked as he put his arm around her. "Come now, sweetheart. You've always been my queen. Now we can make it official."

She shoved his hand away. "Never!"

With a toothy grin, he grabbed her by the shoulders. "But honey bunch, I thought you loved me!"