Can't Stop Yourself

"Clara? Have you seen the Doctor recently?" You call the only person you could possibly talk to about what just happened.

"Uh, define recently." Sounds of another person on her end of the line break through her speech.

"You're with him right now aren't you."

"Well-"

"Clara."

"Okay! But please don't be upset! Really, he's sorry and-!"

"Clara, I couldn't care less what he thinks right now but we need to talk. In-person. Have him drop you here when you're finished, alright?" You sigh and rub your goosebumps.

"'Right!" She hangs up just as there is a knock at the door.

"That was quick," you say, letting Clara inside.

"Was it?" She says, slightly out of breath. Her clothes look slightly disheveled and her hair is in desperate need of a comb. This isn't an out-of-the-ordinary look for just coming from an adventure, but you're touched that she seems to have come straight over without even pausing to powder her nose.

"Yeah, we just got off the phone."

"Oh, well, good timing that was."

"Too scared to come up then, I guess?" You peek out the door, to see no sign of the Doctor.

"No, not at all, he just had some... thing," Clara covers for him again. Shaking your head, you bolt the door and step aside.

"I don't care anymore. If he doesn't want me, then it's fine. I'm an adult, I can find my own ride to space. I just wish he could be more adult about the matter and talk to me 'bout what I did wrong."

"I'm sorry," she looks torn between taking sides in this pointless argument. You can't blame her, she's known the Doctor longer than you but you also grew up together.

"It's not your job to apologize," you finally say.

"I know but I'm still sorry it happened... Enough about him though, what'd you want to tell me?" She sits you down on the couch with her, holding your hand.

"Well actually..."

.

"No way! That is not possible!" Clara laughs and shakes her head as you tell your story.

"No seriously! It was very romantic! He held my hands and looked deep into my eyes!" You grab her hands and reenact the scene for her. "'Oh (Y/n)! Journey through the stars with me! Let's run away together.' All while we're still floating through this absolutely gorgeous nebula! It was insane, Clara. He also totally asked me out on a date."

"Shut up! The Doctor?! Are you sure it was really him and not some sort of advanced alien clone?"

"Given his reputation, I wouldn't be surprised," you muse, adjusting your posture. "But he's so hot, he could take me anywhere and I wouldn't complain."

"Ahem." You nearly snap your neck turning to see an old Time Lord at the threshold of the room. How he got in is beyond you but he looks peeved at the topic of conversation. Your face immediately becomes flushed.

"Doctor!" Clara jumps to her feet first.

"Do you mind?" He gives Clara a look, obviously asking her to leave. She looks back at you for an answer so you try to tell her with your eyes not to go. Don't leave me with him! Please, Clara! I can't even talk to the principal by myself, let alone him! Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to get the message. She whispers another apology before retreating to your bedroom across the hall.