The Day of the Doctor

16th century England

When the Doctor (the young one with the nice face) had suggested coming back to meet Queen Elizabeth you'd thought it would be a bit more romantic. Horseback riding, picnics overlooking lakes long since covered up in your time, a candlelit dinner perhaps. Not waiting in the TARDIS while he courted Queen Elizabeth the first.

You lazily laid yourself across the bench in the young Doctor's boring TARDIS, waiting for him to come back so you could actually do something. Suddenly, an alarm goes off in the Time Machine. Lights flash red everywhere and the most annoying buzzer sound echoes off of the empty halls.

"What the hell?" Stumbling over to a monitor, you wished more than anything that you could understand what it said, but naturally, it's still all in Gallifreyian so you cannot read it. "Doctor!" You bolt out of the blue box. "Something's very, very wrong!"

The picnic blanket that the alien had previously been perusing is now empty. A scream rips through the nearby forest. Acting on instinct, you run through the forest, following the sounds of voices to another clearing. There stood your stupid young Doctor, a goofy looking man wearing a fez and two Queen Elizabeth's.

"Doctor, the, uh-" The man with the fez and bow tie makes immediate eye contact with you. "-the TARDIS is, uh, she's freaking out."

"Yeah, I think I can imagine why," the Doctor scratches his face with his blue sonic screwdriver and gestures to the other man with him.

"(Y/n)," the oddly dressed man walks up to you. "My goodness, look at you!"

"I'm sorry, have we met before?" You stare into his calm green eyes, trying to recognize anything in them.

"Well, no, not like this at least. You've never seen this face before." It then clicks in your head. The stupid fez and the bowtie should have tipped you off.

"Doctor?!" You throw your arms around his neck. He laughs as he swings you around in a circle. The best way to describe the feeling would be like reuiniting with an old friend. The feeling was familiar and new all at the same time.

"Oh, my brilliant (Y/n)! You could always see right through me." His eyes smile at you as he sets you back on your feet. You keep your arms around his neck, not wanting the moment to end.

"It's the eyes that give you away," you admit. You could look in his eyes all day.

"Could we focus please?" The Doctor, which you would now be now referring to as yours for the time being, walks over and not so gently prys you away. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm not sure really." The Doctor, which you have now decided to call Clara's Doctor, responds.

"What do you mean you're not sure? You're me from the future!"

"Hey! It's not my fault you're not paying attention!" Clara's Doctor hit yours.

"My love?" You all turn around to the Queen's who are still standing there, very confused.

"Right, Elizabeth, the real Elizabeth, run in the opposite direction of the alien, okay?" Your Doctor instructs.

"Of course, my love," they both say.

"Stay alive my love, I'm not done with you yet." One of them runs up and kisses him, tongue and all, before running away.

"Thanks, lovely," he mutters to himself as Clara's Doctor watches on to his horror. You hold back a snicker.

"I understand," the other Elizabeth runs up to him next. "Live for me, my darling. We shall be together again." And with that, she also kisses him before running the other direction.