Meet the Smiths

Using the console to pull yourself up, you can't help but laugh—yet another perfect crash landing from the Doctor. You haven't any real idea how long it's been since Clara left: at least a week but no longer than a month. The Doctor has been running very fast and very far from Earth with you right by his side. 

"Sorry about that," the Doctor brushes himself off. He squints at the monitor. "It looks like we've been forced through a force field of some kind. We're on a ship. A cruiser, I think."

"Trouble?" You nudge his side. He smirks.

"Most likely." You push each other out of the way as you race to get to the doors first. The Doctor beats you by half a second, his long arms reaching the handle before you can. He pulls open the doors to be met by a group of security guards with highly sophisticated-looking guns pointed at your heads. "Ah. Trouble."

"How the hell did you get aboard this ship?" The leader of the group, a blue humanoid alien lowers their weapon. Their dark eyes try to rip the answers from your lips. You lean forward to peek around the space you've landed in. It looks like a lower level, the wall adjacent to you has LD13 painted in giant letters. There are boxes and crates stacked all around you. 

"And just what ship is it that we're aboard?" You bat your eyelashes and smile to seem nonthreatening. 

"This is the S.S. Flying Unicorn." The guard says with its head held high. "The finest luxury cruiser to date. Now I won't ask you again, how the hell did you get aboard my ship?"

"Ah, you see, we're guests!" The Doctor does what he's always done best; talk his way out of a problem. He retrieves his psychic paper from his pocket and flashes it to the guard and then the rest of the group. They all lower their weapons and start muttering amongst themselves. "And, quite frankly, we're very upset at the way we're being treated."

"You're the Smiths?" The guards' eyes widen. They check with the rest of the group to ensure they had all read the same thing.

"Well, that's what the paper said, isn't it?" The Doctor slips his paper in his coat. 

"Of course, my apologies." The head guard waves their hands. They turn to their men and dismiss the lot of them. The Doctor moves out of the TARDIS's doorway. It's a short step down since the TARDIS is parked on top of a box. The Doctor holds his hand out to help you down. The guard turns their attention back to you. "My name is Kade, I'm head of security. On behalf of the entire crew, I put forward my most sincere apologies for this misunderstanding."

"That's alright, just doing your job." The Doctor spins in a circle as he looks around. "Why exactly is security armed? What kind of cruiser is this?" 

"You mean you don't know?" Kade looks at you for clarification. You simply shrug. It's hard to explain why the Doctor asks so many questions; mainly because it would give up your fake identities. 

"Just humor him, please." You wave your hands. Kade looks uncomfortable for a moment but nods. You get the impression that Kade is intelligent and doesn't quite buy the lie you're selling.

"The Unicorn is for the better and rich. It's a resort, of sorts, where folks come to retire and relax. Most of the people on board are very well off so extra security measures are required for their safety."

"Right then," the Doctor claps his hands together. Kade jumps at the sudden noise. "We're guests. That means we've got rooms, yeah?"

"Of course, sir. Right this way, sir." Kade gestures for you to follow. You raise your eyebrows and the Doctor walks after them. Around a few corners, Kade takes you to an open room where dozens of glass elevator shafts meet. They walk to the closest one and punch in some code. The door slides open. "This will take you directly to your suite."