Flatline

"Same time you left. Same place...ish," the Doctor glares at the monitor. You would think after everything that you've been through together, the ish part wouldn't bother you so much anymore. And yet, a hand puts itself on your hip as you give him a questioning look.

"Ish?" You ask. The Doctor takes a step in the opposite direction of you. "Why ish?"

"These readings are very, erm ... ishy." He continues to try and decipher whatever is baffling him on the screen. It's not that you really cared if he is off a bit, he usually is anyways, it's the unsure look on his face that is making you queasy. If the Doctor isn't sure what's happening, you sure won't.

"Um, Doctor?" You finally notice the doors. You tilt your head to the side and get closer. That is definitely an 'ish' territory.

"Uh-huh?" The Doctor shuffles to your side and looks straight at you. You're positive that you don't actually have his attention but he's getting good at pretending you do.

"The door."

"What about-" He turns to see the problem. "Ah. The door."

The Doctor crouches in front of the shrunken TARDIS doors and opens them slowly. You bite your tongue to not to laugh as the Time Lord squeezes himself out of the cartoonishly small doors. It looks ridiculous, but having no other options, you have to follow him out. It's a tight squeeze but you manage.

"Well, I wonder what caused this." The Doctor looks at you from his peripheral vision before whipping out his sonic screwdriver and analyzing everything. "I don't think we're bigger. Are we?"

Behind the short blue box, you can see a sign. The Doctor was right, you did not land where you were supposed to. At least you're on the right continent this time but he definitely missed the mark again.

"Bristol?" You don't hide your disdain. "Doctor we're-"

"120 miles from where we should be, I know. Impressive." The Doctor smiles.

"How- how exactly is that impressive?" Crossing your arms, you wait for him to explain. He exaspertly points from you to the shrunken TARDIS.

"Come on, the TARDIS never does this. This is huge! Well, not literally huge but-"

"I get the point." You laugh. The Doctors shoulders drop and he looks at you as if you'd just stomped on a puppy.

"Could you, could you not just let me enjoy this moment of not knowing something without being rude? It happens so rarely," he complains. His accent gets worse when he complains but you think it's cute so you don't make mention of it.

"Sorry, not going to be rude anymore." You hold up your hands in surrender. The Doctor fixes his posture and brushes off his coat. "What's the plan then?"

"I need you to go have a look around, see if you can find out what caused this." The Doctor continues to circle the TARDIS like a vulture. A very Scottish, angry, vulture.

"Alright," you begin to walk off but you can't stop a laugh from escaping when you hear the Doctor groan behind you as he tries to squish himself back inside his tiny home.

...

"This is not a laughing matter!" The Doctor scolds you with his thick Scottish accent.

"I can't help it! Look at you! Look at the TARDIS! You'd fit quite nicely on my desk right now."

"Don't you even think about it!"

"Too late," you laugh some more. The TARDIS has shrunk again to the size of a toy with the Doctor now trapped inside it. "So what's the plan now?"