CHAPTER 1

ELLIE

"Letting go of someone is one of the hardest thing to do but I know I have to."

"Ellie." Then suddenly I felt her hugging me so tight and that was the time that I can't hold back my tears anymore.

"I'm here Ellie." While she's saying those words I'm still staring at the graves of my parents.

"Belle." She is Belle my bestfriend. I let go of her and then she hold my hands.

"I don't know where to start again. I don't know how I can accept this."

"Maging matapang ka lang Ellie we both know na yun ang gusto nila Tita and Tito." We spent some time staring at the graves of my parents holding her hands, I feel comfortable with the silence between us.

"Ellie Leira Ford." We both look at the same girl who's a new face to us, but I know she's at the same age as my parents.

"I'm Sarah Heron kaibigan ko ang mga magulang mo Ellie kanina pa ko nandito at nakatingin lang sayo. I want to tell you something." She look to Belle just like she's asking politely if Belle can leave us alone.

"I'll wait you in the car Ellie." Then I'm alone with Mrs. Or Ms. Heron.

"Tulad ng sinabi ko matalik kong kaibigan ang mga magulang mo and sa company ko din sila nag tra-trabaho. Kaya hindi kita masisi if you're blaming me for what happened with your parents." She start to cry and I feel her pain.

"It's not your fault Ms.Sarah it's all an accident." Then I gave her a hug I know she needs it.

"Ellie. I know na magulo pa para sayo ang lahat but alam kong wala ka ng ibang kakilala to be your legal guardian, I know you are at the legal age but you need someone who can take care of you." She's right mom and dad are both the only child of their families and wala din akong kapatid.

"You need a guardian and I'm here to take that responsibility for you." I was to opposed her but I felt a wind breeze in my spine, maybe that's my mom and dad telling me to accept her.

"Give me some time about that Ms.Sarah for now I just want to have some space on my own." She let go of me.

"Yes I'll wait for you. Wait." Then she took some piece of paper and a pen inside her bag then she started writing her cellphone number and give it to me.

"Just call me right away okay?" Then she gave me a smile, a smile where I can see that she's hurting too, a smile that she forcefully put it in her lips just to hide how painful it is for her to lose her friends and here I am returning that same smile to her.

"Your parents are great they raised a kind girl like you. Specially your mom everytime we need to overtime in our work she always said that baka nagugutom na ang anak ko." I stop myself to cry again.

"And your dad will say don't worry honey mas magaling pang magluto ang anak mo kesa sayo at doon na sisimulan ng mommy mo na bugbugin ang Dad mo sa mga palo niya." I just drew a simple smile in my lips I just imagining it mom and dad jockingly fight with each other.

"I'm sorry Ellie but I really need to go." She just gave me another hug before she go.

"I need to go to her, she needs me too." I just nod my head as my answer.

"Yes Ms.Sarah Thank you." After a few seconds I'm just here alone.

"I love you mom I love you dad, both of you will always in my heart." I put a kiss in their grave and make my way to my car where Belle is waiting for me.
- - -

It's been 3 days and here I am I still don't know where to start.

"Papasok na ko Ellie." Ang narinig kong sabi ni Belle bago niya buksan ang pinto ng kwarto ko.