Washington x Blue! Reader

Just you and me

Y/n's pov~

I rushed through the doors of the hospital and found Wash's room. When I got into his room I saw him hooked up to so many different machines. My heart broke. I slowly walked towards the bed.

"D-david?" I asked in a shaky voice. No response. I felt tears go down my cheeks when he didn't respond. "David?" I asked again. His eyes opened slowly. I sat down next to the bed and I took his hand and looked at him. I saw the dullness in his eyes. I looked at the tube going into his throat to keep him breathing. I started to break down. I put my head down and I felt his hand let go of mine to wipe the tears off of my cheek. I looked up and he still had that dull look on his face. I know he feels pain. I know he feels sad.

"I'm sorry I didn't protect you. I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you when you got shot" I said while crying. I put my head down on the bed and cried some more. I felt his hand slightly stroke my hair. Calming me down. I looked up at him and I saw him smile slightly. That's when I knew that he was going to be okay.

~few months later~

Been a few months now and Wash has made some great progress. When he started talking again I was so happy. He still has to do physical therapy but it was all worth it. Later on he was released from the hospital and he was released in my care. I took him to a apartment like place in one of the bases that the rest of the Reds and Blues were based in. I had to help him take his meds, help him work out and watch out for him. He appreciates all I'm doing for him and this time I'll make sure he won't get hurt ever again. They next day I took Wash to go train. He was doing pushups and he was close to his limit.

"Okay Wash, that's enough pushups" I said while sitting next to him. He stopped and sat next to me and he put his arm around me and pulled me close to him.

"I hate physical therapy but I'm mostly doing this for you" He kissed my temple.

Time skip

"You're on the DL" Carolina stated. My heart dropped. Everyone went quiet.

"I'm not disabled!" Wash shouted.

"You are! You were really hurt. More than I told you. Your gaps in memory they're.." She paused. Wash, everyone, and I were listening to her. "The frustration you've been feeling, I watched you struggle with it. I should have-"

"Carolina. Spit it out" Wash said in a stern voice.

"Your injury caused what's known has cerebral hypoxia. When you were shot in the neck, your brain starved oxygen"

"For how long?" Wash asked quietly

"A while"

"How long?" He said a little louder

"Several minutes. Your brain went minutes without oxygen"

Wash turned to all of us, "And did you all know?!"

"No" Simmons answered.

"No!" Tucker answered.

"How about you? Huh y/n?!"

"Not at all!" I answered

"Was I the only one who didn't know I had fucking brain damage!?"

"Dude, we had no idea" Grif said.

"I kept it from everyone, Wash!" Carolina said.

"Including me!" Wash shouted

"Yeah.."

"How could you kept that from me?!"

"I just- I didn't-" Carolina stuttered. Wash walked away.

"Wash! Come back! Why didn't you tell me?" I asked

"I don't know. I thought I was doing the right thing"

"I'm his girlfriend! I'm supposed to know!"

"I saw how him being in the hospital made you sad, I didn't want to make it worse. Yes, I should've told you but you were already-"

"Stop Carolina" I ran to catch up to Wash. He was walking quickly. "Wash wait!" He kept walking as he didn't hear me. I finally caught up with him. I grabbed his shoulder be he shrugged my hand away. "Wash.. I didn't know. I swear"

"I know.." his voice was low. I could hear the heartbreaking tone in his voice. He turned to me and took his helmet off. I saw his face. Tears were coming down his face. "Look at my neck" he point to his neck where his scar was. "This FUCKING INJURY CAUSED ME TO BE DISABLED!" He yelled.

"Wash-" I was cut off when he grabbed me by the hands. He started to cry.

"I didn't know...I couldn't do anything about it..." he sobbed. I took my helmet off and set it on the ground.

"The only person who knew was Carolina and it's her fault for not telling you or us" I wiped his tears away and he started to calm down. "I know your upset but the most important thing is that your alive." I smiled at him and I felt him squeeze my hand.

"At least I'm here with you" he kissed me and I kissed back. I pulled away and rested my head against his.

"Don't worry. It'll always be just you and me"

----------------
I had this one in the works for a bit but now it's finally up. Thank you so much for reading. Don't forget to follow, vote, or check out my other books.
~JT4ever