Chapter 11

Sean POV

It was almost eleven when I pulled my car behind Owen's and parked. After our meeting last night was interrupted by a cute but mysterious girl named Sang, Owen had ordered another family meeting tonight. I sighed in exhaustion as I stared at Kota's house where everyone else was inside. Today was horrible. A boy had suffered from a heart attack in the elevator. It was odd that he had a heart attack at such a young age but it wasn't uncommon especially with all the stress society places on people.

My thoughts went onto the topic this meeting was for. Horrid memories ran through my head from the past year. Evil cheerleaders. Annoying football team. Ignorant people. Bullies. Friday Fall. I shivered at the memory of the body laying underneath the balcony.

Laughter attracted my attention. Across the street were two people that had just exited from the back of a large U-Haul truck. They walked into the two story building that had been empty for over a year. The two boys seemed to be in their mid-twenties. The taller one had red hair while the other man had brown hair that almost shone auburn in the sunlight. As they reached the steps, two more men had stepped from the door. The first skipped towards the steps. His platinum hair bounced as he was happily jumping around. Behind him was his opposite. He was of some Asian descent but I couldn't tell from a distance away. He seemed guarded and followed the white-haired guy with his eyes.

My phone vibrated, and I pulled it out of my pocket. I rolled my eyes at Owen's message. I know you are outside. Get in here.

I frowned, sending a text. You can't make me :P

Owen has been my best friend for the past eight years, and he has never changed in those eight years. I frowned. He needs to let loose otherwise he'd be acting like an old man all his life. I mean, come on. We are in our twenties. This is the time to have fun and discover new things, not act like eighty year old men.

I got out of my car and slammed the door shut. The sound attracted the attention of the four men across the street. Smiling, I waved at them in friendliness. The blonde haired guy waved back while the red headed guy gave a nod. However, the Asian and the white-haired guy seemed to narrow their eyes at me and I could almost feel the wariness from over here.

I threw Kota's door open and yelled. "Honey, I'm home!!"

Owen came from around the corner with an exasperated look. "Yay" He said in a deadpanned voice.

I pouted and threw my arms around his shoulders. "Oweeen, didn't you miss me?"

He nodded although his face was in a straight face. "Sure."

I tightened my arms around him. "Owen, you're hurting my feelings."

My best friend gave me an exasperated look, and I smirked at the irritation in his eyes. Sometimes he needs to get rid of that log up his butt. "Come on. Let's start this meeting."

As we walked towards the living room where the others were, I spoke to Kota. "When did the new guys move in?"

Kota looked up from his phone. "they arrived around six this morning. After this meeting, I'm going to go over and introduce myself. Want to come?"

I nodded. "Sure. I don't have anything to do after."

As Owen started the meeting, I looked out the window as a motorcycle rumbled down the street. A black motorcycle that rivaled North's pulled beside the moving truck. The person on top was tiny and thin. Before he could pull off his helmet, the person was surrounded by the four men. I craned to look at the person, but the group surrounded the mystery person as they moved inside the house.