Chapter 12

Sang POV

By the time I got to the house, it was already mid-afternoon. It was funny that I would like I would live in this house. The same house that my old family used to live in before my stepmother died. Now it was mine without a drop of my blood in its wood. For those years I spent living with them in this house in the past life, I had been abused by my stepmother who would gladly enjoy spilling my blood which I had to clean up.

As soon as I cut off the engine of my motorcycle, the four guys surrounded me like a pack of dogs. I chuckled at my wording. I looked up as Corin was jumping around. He had a large smile on his face. "Sang, the house is awesome. I love it."

Jax nodded, a faint smile on their faces. Their past wasn't nice. They were rescued by the Academy when they were twelve. Their living conditions were bad. Their mother was homeless, making them homeless as well. They barely had food and rarely had a roof over their head especially during heavy weather. They and their mother were caught in a heavy rain and their mother contracted pneumonia and had died. For two years, they lived together on the streets until an Academy member noticed them. When Levi was 19 and Corin was 22, their team was caught and tortured. They were the only ones who were alive when Kieran, Ryu, and I were sent to retrieve them. Ever since then, they stayed with us.

We walked inside. Kieran had unloaded most of the boxes and had almost finished the kitchen. There were several more boxes to unload and we started on the living room and dining room next. Music blared throughout the house as we worked. Kieran and Corin were unpacking the movies when they broke out into another pitiful argument about whether star trek or star wars were better. They started to wrestle on the floor when I yelled at them to take it outside. They followed my order, wrestling each other until they were on the ground outside. Levi and Ryu followed them.

I sighed, deciding to make a snack. Grabbing some bread, cheese, and apples they got at the grocery store earlier, I made some grilled cheese sandwiches with apple slices in between. My teammates said that that was gross although they were good when separate. I wanted to roll my eyes. they were the odd ones.

After I made enough grilled cheese sandwiches and sliced apples, I yelled at them to come in. Like me, all of them had really good hearing. Within moments all four of them had scrambled inside and tackled the food. I rolled my eyes. Boys.

We were joking and laughing as we ate. As Levi slung his arm around my shoulder, a knock at the door had all of us freeze then grab our weapons. Kieran rose with a dagger in his hand. A few seconds after, Corin went with a gun in his hand. I heard them talking to someone when I heard footsteps coming towards us and Corin talking. Quickly, the three of us slid our weapons back into place.

"Who's the fifth member of your family?" A familiar voice spoke. A shiver went up my spine. Levi gave me a concerned look before placing his arm around me once again.

I watched in delight as all nine boys plus my two assassins entered the kitchen area. Silas immediately noticed me, saying my name, and I smiled as nine pair of eyes landed on me. My smile widened. "Hey. Fancy seeing you here."

Mr. Blackbourne's eyes narrowed and seemed to twitch. "Ms. Sorenson, pleased to meet you so soon."

I kept my smile the same as I answered. I couldn't help but tease him a bit. "I'm sure you are."

I jumped from my seat and made my way towards them, stopping in front of Kota and Nathan. "Hello, neighbors."

Nathan blinked. "Hey, Sang."

"I didn't know you lived here," Kota said.

I giggled. "I just moved in."

"Do you have any parents here?" Mr. Blackbourne spoke.

All of our eyes went dark. None of us had loving parents except Levi and Corin, but their mother was burdened with homelessness and drug addiction. Although she loved them, she loved drugs more.

Corin, ever being the joyful one, spoke as he skipped behind the counter. "Nope, no parents here. This is a no parent zone."

Sean frowned. "Then who's taking care of you?"

I smiled widely. "Believe it or not, Corin is actually the oldest of us. He, Levi, and Ryu already have a job while Kier and I are still in school."

Gabriel looked at me. "Which school are you going to?"

I didn't have to remember the name of the school Dr. Roberts said. I had already experienced that school for three years in my previous life. "Ashley Waters. I'll be a senior there."

Victor straightened. "Really? We'll be seniors there too."

I smiled. "That's cool. Maybe I'll see you there."

Gabriel yelled. "Fuck yeah. I'm fucking guarantee that."

I laughed just as Mr. Blackbourne took out his phone. He read the message before snapping his eyes to me. His eyes looked at me as if I was a puzzle he couldn't solve. He looked at the others "We have to go. It was nice to meet you, Mr...."

Corin jumped forward, shaking his hand as if it was a tambourine. "Corin Sommeraeur."

"Levi Sommerauer," my red-headed teammate spoke, quickly shaking hands with them.

Ryu stepped forward. His height was similar to Silas', making the others look up at him. His stony face didn't show any thoughts that were running through that black haired head of his. "Ryu Okumura."

Kieran stepped closer to Ryu's side, not bothering to reach out towards the Blackbourne team. His past made him fear men that he didn't know or trust. "Kieran Hart."

I winked at them. "And you guys know me. Sang Sorenson."

Mr. Blackbourne cracked his millimeter smile. "Yes, we do, Ms. Sorenson. I have your weapons in my car if you'd like them back."

I jumped to my feet. I had regretted my decision to let them in another person's care even for a night. "Okay, let's get them."

I followed him out as the others stayed back to talk to each other. When he popped his trunk, he grabbed my sheathed weapons and I sighed. I looked up into his silver eyes as he spoke. "Are you in trouble, Ms. Sorenson?"

His team was pouring out of my house. I was looking at them when he spoke, and I shook my head. "Nope. My family is overanxious about me being by myself so they have me carry knives on me. I've grown attached to them. Thank you, Mr. Blackbourne."

His eyes darkened with confusion before reverting back to his icy expression. "You're welcome. I'll be seeing you tomorrow at orientation."

I nodded. "Good-bye." He turned around and started to walk away when I dared to whisper. "Owen."

After the nine disappeared across the street, I sighed. My heart would always be theirs even though their hearts won't be mine anymore. My heart hurt. I want them. I want to be close to them again, but doing so would endanger them. I couldn't do that so I would do the next best thing. I'd keep them safe. No matter what.

Wow, finally got a new update done!! Hope you guys like it!