Chapter 13

Nathan POV

Five days after we visited our neighbors, I was getting ready for the meeting with Dr. Roberts when I heard the rumble of a motorcycle. I looked out my window, thinking it was North, but it wasn't. I saw the flash of a black motorcycle with a small figure with blonde hair going towards the road. I smiled. Sang was unexpected. When I first saw her, I thought that she would be meek or shy, but that image was shattered the moment she flipped North over her head.

Finished with preparing myself, I locked my front door before walking over to Kota's. I raised my hand to knock but the door opened before my fist met the wood. Kota looked relieved to see me and pushed me out. Erica appeared behind Kota. "Hello, Nathan."

I smiled. I love Erica. She was the mother that I never had. Caring. Loving. There for me when I need her. "Hi, Erica. How is everything?"

She smiled. "Good. I'm trying to set Kota on a date with an intern. Joselyn is so nice and sweet. She's be so cute with him."

Kota rolled his eyes. "Mom, I'm not ready to date yet. I have to go. Remember, I'm going to the mall afterwards so I'll be back around 3."

Erica nodded. "Say hello to the others and Uncle for me."

"Okay. Bye, Mom," Kota kissed her cheek before pushing me to the car. Once we were in his car, he sighed. "I wish she wouldn't try to set me up."

I looked out the window. "She's just looking out for you. She might be concerned about you."

Kota looked at me with confusion. I sighed, not wanting to talk about this that much. "She might think that you like guys more than girls."

Kota laughed. "Of course, she'd think that. I'm glad that she's concerned about my sexuality, but I'm just not that interested in anyone."

I looked ahead. "Not even Sang?" I spoke, trying to sound nonchalant.

Kota was quiet. "Maybe. I don't know her but I think that I might like her. What bout you?"

I chewed on my cheek. It was a nasty habit but I couldn't stop when I am nervous. "She's interesting."

We were quiet on the way towards the hospital. When we arrived there and walked into the conference room, everyone was there except for Dr. Roberts. Kota sat down next to Sean. "Are we all going to the mall this afternoon?"

Sean nodded. "Yep. Today is all of our free day before school starts again."

The door opened to reveal Dr. Roberts. He sat down across from Mr. Blackbourne. "Owen."

Mr. Blackbourne was used to Dr. Robert's informal speech. "Dr. Roberts, you had information connected to our mission at Ashley Waters."

"First of all, I would like to say that the treatment of Devon Lowe is going well." Regret grew. He was the guy that we weren't able to save last year. Both of his broken legs required physical therapy and he was still so thin from losing weight when he was in a coma. "Secondly, I need to reveal some truth."

"Truth?" North growled. I almost felt the same way. Was there something going on that we didn't know about?

Dr. Robert's nodded. "I was given permission to tell you this. The Ashley Waters mission already has agents working inside. They are the deep undercover agents who have been there for a long time. A year ago, they were unable to move without attracting suspicion so the Council sent a two teams in."

Luke spoke. His face was set in a rare serious expression. "The Blackbourne team and Devon Lowe."

Dr. Roberts sighed. "Yes, your team and the lone dog were sent in for different parts of the mission. Devon Lowe was too rash and was discovered. There was an attempt to murder him but we were able to get him out. Now the Council is sending another team in. They are more experienced in getting information without attracting attention."

"Will we be able to contact them?" Mr. Blackbourne spoke.

The doctor shook his head. "No. Unless the new team thinks that they need to be introduced, they will keep their identities a secret. But they have a signal for you if you need help. They will add their contact to your app so if you guys need help they will receive a redline. I know you guys, but I need to tell you. Don't redline them unless you are in a dire and life threatening situation."

We nodded our heads. That request seemed odd but what were we going to do. An hour later after going over the details of the mission, we were released from the meeting. We piled in our cars and drove towards the mall. Today was a day just to hang out and look for anything that we need.

"Oi, what do you guys think about the you-know-what-but-can't-say-anything?" Gabriel asked as we walked towards the mall entrance. As the sliding doors opened, the smell of food washed over us, making some of our stomachs growl.

"Mr. Coleman," Mr. Blackbourne warned.

Gabriel shrugged. "I didn't actually say you-know-what."

Victor spoke, breaking the tension. "It's interesting. I'm actually not that surprised that there are those who do that type of work in the Academy."

"So who do you think it could be?" I asked him. Victor was good at the process of elimination, but the problem was that there were so many teenagers at the high school that it was difficult.

Victor shrugged. "I don't know. I know who it wouldn't be. I shiver at the thought of them."

I shivered at the thought. What if Rocky was part of the Academy? He'd be the worse and the most idiotic. As we entered the food court, I unconsciously checked my surroundings. Lots of teenagers enjoying their last days of freedom. Children with their parents. The carousel going around and around. Sang being cornered by Greg. A long line at Chick-fil-A.

Wait, what?!! I turned my head so fast that I wondered how my neck didn't break. In a hallway that leads to the restrooms was Sang being surrounded by Greg. She was leaning away from him. Her back was against the wall and her face was turned away. Greg was leaning into her, blocking her face.

"Whoa, is that Sang?" Luke said. His eyes squinted as if doing that would help him see better.

"Sang?" North stomped over to where we stood. He stilled as he saw the situation before charging like a bull at a red flag.

"Shit," Kota whispered before we all ran to save Sang. By the time that we made it over there, North had already punched Greg and was holding Sang in his arms. When Greg saw us, he spat a curse before running away.

North was softly rubbing her arms. "Are you okay, Sang Baby?"

"North? What are you doing here?" Sang sounded confused.

North pointed his thumb towards us. "We came here to hang out."

"Are you okay, Pookie?" Sean stepped forward in doctor mode.

Sang smiled, causing the air in my lungs to leave. "Yes, he didn't do much. Thank you."

"Do you want to hang with us?" I blurted out. I wanted her to say yes. I wanted to get to know her more. To get closer. Even if I was with these guys.

Sang looked at me with her green eyes. I could see that she was warring with her decision. She wanted to hang with us but she also didn't want to. She must have finally settled on a decision, but I already knew what it was. Her smile seemed to make my day brighter. "I'd love to."

I didn't think that the last time i updated was in october. almost four months ago. sorry for the late update. Thanks to those who voted to update this along with Celestial. Tell me what you think. <3 Azallya