Deep in thought - Chapter 7

——The Squip's (Eric) POV!——

Y/n walked into the crowded hallways with me trailing behind her. I had expected for her to be ignored due to her lack of popularity (her words, not mine), but I was surprised when some random people said hello to her.

"For your information, I actually have no clue who any of those people were." Y/n mentally explained as she walking into her biology class and took her seat in the second row that was next to the windows.

I quickly tapped into my database to check the reasons on how she had already gained popularity without her doing anything. "That's because people saw you get in Jake's car, and leave Rich's car," I informed. "They realize that they will have to be kind towards you because the popular kids have taken an interest in you."

Y/n tapped her pencil on the desk. "That's possible? Jeez, I didn't realize how easy it was to gain popularity..."

"That's because it's not, you just happened to have me to guide you through the easy part."

"Easy part...?"

"To remain popular you will have to remain relevance, which might require you to do some bold- maybe even dangerous things," I explained in a monotone voice. I didn't really feel like standing so I walked over to the windowsill and sat down on the short shelf.

Y/n's gaze soon fell on me. "Aren't you going to break that?" She mentally chuckled.

"Nope," I smiled. "My form isn't currently physical and the moment, so I can't put weight on anything."

"Huh, that's neat."

The teacher finally entered the classroom and started to hand out the test. She hadn't even started the test and I could already feel her stress levels begin to rise.

I decided to take action. I glitched over to Y/n and hugged her, well, sort of.

"How are you... why are you..."

"I have access to your nerves to I can make you feel as if I am touching you when in reality I can't unless I'm in my physical form," I said, using her nerves to seem as if I was hugging her tighter. "My database shows that body-to-body contact, such as hugging or holding hands can lower stress levels." I lied.