Was that a mistake? - Chapter 16

——Y/n (Your) POV!——

Eric nervously looked at Michael. The two stared at each other for a brief moment before Michael hesitantly smiled at him. "It's worth a shot," Michael said.

I smiled and happily clapped my hands. "Now you two can properly meet!" I exclaimed. I looked at Eric. "Squipward, this is Michael, my best friend!" I smiled excessively and turned to Michael. "Mika, this is Eric, my really sweet Squip!"

Michael put his fist out, and the two fist-bumped, Which was a lot less awkward than I first thought it was going to be.

"So, now what?" Michael asked as he leaned back into the couch.

I shrugged. "I don't know, I didn't really think I'd make it this far." I slightly giggled as I scratched the back of my neck.

Eric stood up and walked over to the gaming console. "Want to play Mario Kart?" He suggested.

Michael smiled again. "Sure! I'm calling dibs on the controller that's in the top left-hand corner!" He yelled as he began to set up the game.

"You could have just said that you wanted to be player 1." Eric chuckled, handing him said, controller. Eric sat back down on the floor, in between my legs.

"Whatever, I'm taking you down computer man!" He yelled.

~Time Squip~

The two have been getting along fairly well for the past hour! I'm sure Michael is trying his hardest to forget about all the bad stuff he learned about Squips, but either way, he and Eric seem to be pretty great friends already.

"1 Michael." Eric paused to poke Michael's forehead. "8 Eric. Still think you can beat a computer when doing best out of 10?" He confidently said.

"I don't think I can, I know I can! Next round wins it all!" Michael claimed.

Eric laughed at Michael, but his smiled lingered. I grinned at Eric and ruffled his hair. I brought my hand up to use the controller again but Eric then looked up at me with the cutest expression I had ever seen in my life. "Please don't stoooop." He adorably said.

I smiled at him. "But I need to use my hand for my controller!" I exclaimed with a laugh. Eric, defeated, looked back down at his controller. I could just tell that he was sad now. "Damn it." I put my hand back in Eric's hair. "Guess I'm doing this one-handed."

I heard Michael chuckle at the scene before him. "You guys are adorable." He said.

"Thanks, I know, I'm so fabulous," I announced.

Michael waved his finger. "No no no, I mean, you two would make a really cute couple." He shipped.

My face briefly warmed up. "Whaaaa?" I looked over to Eric to see his head looking down at his hands so I couldn't see his face, but I was able to see his bright blue ears. He was blushing- a lot actually.

"I am no-not blushing! Computers can't blu-sh!!" Eric yelled as he threw his head in his hands.

"You are so blushing!" Michael teased. "HA! This little computer has a cruuushhhhh!"

I swat my hand at Michael. "Jeez, you're so annoying." I rolled my eyes. I then refocused my attention on Eric. I ran my fingers through his hair more now. "And please, he doesn't like me like that, the only way I could see him ever having such feelings is if he was being influenced by throwback or something..." I said, although my voice got quieter when I was nearing the end. Something about that statement made my heart pick up speed, plus I could feel that it could be wrong... I kinda want it to be wrong...