Ups and Down - Chapter 18

——Y/n (Your) POV!——

The three of us exited Chloe's car and walked over to the door. Brooke knocked and we waited until someone opened the door.

"Hey, guys!" Rich's voice called as he opened the door for us. The music was incredibly loud, I could barely hear myself think, and to top it all off, everyone was there. The house was packed with attendants, it would be literally impossible to find anyone else- okay wow that music is too loud...

"Here," Eric said. "I turned down the music, no one will notice, but it is quieter."

He was right. I could hear my thoughts again, and I was able to hear that Brooke was actually talking to me. "Hey Y/n, do you know if Jeremy's here or not?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I've been here for as long as you have Babes," I answered.

Brooke looked disappointed, but it's it like I could really do anything about it.

"So, Eric, can you tell me what I can do here?" I asked him as I began to walk away from our little group.

Eric rubbed his chin. "You can go and find Jake or anyone else, talk with people, but I will have to ask that you not to drink." I nodded and walked over towards the kitchen. People were taking shots and were crowding around this one guy who pierced a hole through the bottom on a beer can and was chugging it. "It's called shotgunning."

I walked over to the food and picked up a couple of chips that were just laying in a big bowl. I tried to make my way back into the main living room, but I bumped into so many people on the way there that my shoulders hurt by the time I got to the living room.

In the living room, that's where the music was originally coming from, so naturally, people were dancing and spilling drinking on each other. I looked around and noticed Christine, who was dressed up as a princess, sitting on a couch. I smiled to myself and sat down next to her.

"Hey, Christine, right?" I asked, although I knew very well who this was. I remember Jeremy never if being able to stand or sit still whenever she was around. Plus he would always tell us about her.

"Y/n, I would recommend creating a bond with this girl, she's extremely intelligent, plus, you and she have a lot in common."

She weakly smiled at me. "Yeah, you're obviously Y/n, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, how'd you know?" I asked.

Christine laughed. "Seriously? You're literally in one of the most popular cliques in school, everyone kinda knows you." She said with a giddy smile.

I laughed and scratched the back of my head. "Yeah, I suppose there is that," I sighed. I glanced back at Christine to see that her face had dropped. "You okay?" I asked.

She looked up at me. "Well, Jake had invited me to come but, I haven't seen him..." Her voice sounded disappointed.

I pat her back. "I'm sure he-" I realized what she said. "Wait- I'm sorry what?"

Christine looked at the ground. "I think Jake stood me up tonight..." She said.

I looked at her in confusion. "Uh, Christine, Jake is my boyfriend. Are you saying he asked you out?" I asked,

Christine's eyes widened as she waved her hands frantically. "Wait- No no! I'm sure not!" She answered. "Although I didn't know he was your boyfriend..." she claimed as she slowly scratched the back of her neck.

A smiler at her, I really like Christine, she's just a big theaters nerd like I am, but I did change the subject. "You're in a play right now, right?" I asked.