But is he really sorry? - Chapter 17

~Okay, 100% honest right now, this chapter is more of a filler, although there are some key moments.~

——The Squip's (Eric's) POV!——

I held the sleeping Y/n close to my chest. This moment was all too perfect. I finally did it. I finally got to hold her as if she was mine. I love her so, so much. I never want to let go of her.

After she and I practically cried over how much we cared for one another, we just held each other until she fell asleep, and when I brought her upstairs to her room so she can get a proper, more comfortable sleep.

This is probably the longest I've ever smiled. I've literally just been letting this goofy looking grin stay on my face for hours now. I'm even still in my physical form, but I did have to switch back to my non-tangible form around 10 pm for when her parents got home and checked on her. But other than that, I never let her go. I don't want to...

This is it isn't it?

Love?

The emotional had so much baggage, but this result is worth it. I genuinely gave up on trying to be able to have Y/n reciprocate my feelings, but, I guess I just needed a little more patience.

Love is such an amazing yet confusing emotion.

I just really hope that things between Y/n and I won't be unusual and awkward anymore, I absolutely hated that. I just hated it when she and I were both in that mindset.

I looked back down at Y/n again. I don't care if she and I haven't shared a real kiss yet. She's with me now, and she feels safe. That's enough for me...

Y/n was sleeping peacefully...

In my arms...

With me in her's...

She looked so peacefully...

And beautiful...

Those thoughts kept on repeating, and repeating in my head, causing an endless loop of awe.

I never wanted to let go of her, I feared she'll just slip back away to Jake and his manipulation. I know he'll break her heart. I know he'll cheat on her. I just know.

Y/n shifted in her sleep and I glanced at the clock. 6:04 am. Nooooooo... I don't want her to get up and go to school right now.

As if on cue, Y/n's eyes flickered open. I stared longingly into her eyes, smiling widely.

"Ha, good morning, squippy." She quietly chuckled.

I kissed her forehead. "Good morning, Y/n." I glitched out her bed and stretched, catching a glimpse of Y/n's bed hair in the mirror. Holy shit even how messy her hair is right now is too adorable for me to handle.

Y/n slid out of her bed and smiled at me. "I'm gonna go wash my face and such, you got my outfit covered?" She asked, slowly backing away towards the door.

I nodded. "Yeah, you know the routine by now." I laughed midway through my sentence.

She mentally laughed and left the room. I felt my cheeks tingle. Her laugh is too cute. I was about to go and pick her outfit out, but I was abruptly distracted by her phone making noise due to a reminder.

I walked over and glanced at what it was. Wait, it's October 31st. Today is Jake's party after school. I grumbled and hit the snooze button. I really didn't want to have her go anywhere with Jake, but this party is just giving me terrible visions already.

I shook my head and went back to the task at hand. I quickly matched an outfit and waited for Y/n to come back.

 I quickly matched an outfit and waited for Y/n to come back