Michael's solution - Chapter 14

——Y/n (Your) POV!——

I watched Eric dematerialize in front of me as I pulled my phone away from my ear and pretended I 'hang up'. I took a deep breath and looked at the people who were staring at me. The girls seemed heavily concerned, so did Jake. I glanced down at the floor in slight shame.

Brooke walked up to me and held my shoulders. "Oh my god sweetie, are you okay? What happened?" She asked in an extremely worried tone.

I gave her a weak smile and wiped my tears. "I- Uh- I got into a bit of a fight with a friend, and it just got a, um," I glanced at the floor again. "A little out of hand."

Brooke nodded as Chloe then approached me. "You sure you're okay though? You were screaming and yelling a lot, so you sure?" Chloe asked, worried for me.

I finally gave them a real, full smile and nodded. "Yeah, sorry 'bout that," I admitted. Brooke and Chloe nodded. I looked behind them for Jake, but he was already gone... Guess he thought that Chloe and Brooke would handle it.

"We're gonna leave you with your thoughts, we're gonna be on the couch, so you're welcome to join us when you're ready," Chloe said with a smile.

I grinned back and nodded, and so they left. I leaned on the wall to process what just happened. I was alone with my thoughts...

"Well, that happened," Rich said. I looked to the left to see him sitting down in a chair sipping coffee. Nope, not alone.

I rubbed my arm. "Did you see all of that?" I asked.

"I slipped in around the time that Jeremy's Squip got all touchy with you." He said. "Which was really weird by the way."

I weakly smiled at him and closed my eyes. "I know right, Jer's Squip really creeps me out," I admitted.

"So I'm not the only one who thinks that?" Rich said, slightly amused. "Cause you're so right, he's so weird and creepy..." Rich said.

I shook my head. "You're not the only one." I lightly chuckled.

There was silence in the air. It was a mix of comfortable silence and awkward silence, I hated it but didn't mind it at the same time.

Rich finally spoke up. "You know, Eric's just trying to help, he really cares about you, ya know." He said.

I scoffed and looked off. "Please, he's only programmed to care about me."

Rich laughed. "Do you seriously believe that?" I nodded. "Wow! No no no no, Squip's can act however they want to act, in fact, my and Jer's Squip and kind of jerks..." He spoke out.

I looked around him. "Speaking of which, where is your Squip?" I asked.

Rich shrugged and pointed to his forehead. "In here, he's just going through stuff and helping me right now."

"I'm surprised he didn't shock you when you said that he's a jerk." I chuckled.

Rich looked at me in a confused way. "Does your Squip only shock you?" He asked.

I raised my eyebrow curiously. "What do you mean 'only' shock...?" I asked.

Rich's eyes widened in an astonished yet amusing way. "Ho. Ly. Shit!"

"What?"

Rich pushed himself off the chair and laughed. "Do you think that a simple shock is the only way that the Squips can hurt you?"