Laying on the floor, crying, and eating Spaghetti - Chapter 19

Part 19

——Y/n (Your) POV!——

Eric looked at me and blushed. "I don't want you hurt, or worse- dead." He said. "So please understand my choice of action to evacuate the area..."

I grew nervous. "Eric?"

"Oh god, what happened?" Michael frantically asked, sitting up nervously.

Eric walked closer to me and Michael. "There was a 75% chance that Rich Goranski would light a fire as an attempt to rid himself of his Squip," Eric said. "And by the look of those fire trucks being in such a rush that had passed us earlier, that was indeed the correct future."

~~~~

"what do you mean?" I loudly asked, "are you saying that Rich set fire to Jake's house?!" I frantically asked, quickly standing up form my bed and nervously rubbing my arms.

Michael looked at Eric. "You knew there was going to be a fire, yet you didn't try and prevent it?" He tried to make sense of the situation. "Why? How could you endanger so many innocent people like that?"

Eric looked at me and Michael desperately before glancing off and trying to become professional again. "Because one, who would listen to a stranger trying to get them out of the party, and two..." Eric's face dropped. "Because I couldn't stop it even if I tried... I didn't know why Rich was going to do that soI didn't know how to stop it."

Michael looked off and nervously crossed his arms. "So, could anyone have died tonight?" Michael asked again.

"The lethality of the house fire was is less than 10%."

"10%?" Michael looked at Eric. "That's still a fairly high lethality rate, Eric- how could you have not done anything?!"

I thought about the night and how the events played out, but one thing didn't make sense to me. Why were there fire trucks near us right after we left? What was probably a time weird the fire hadn't started yet, or at most had just started.

"Eric," I said, grabbing his attention. "You were the one to contact the fire department weren't you?" I asked. "You knew it was going to happen, so you sent a signal through to them in advance."

Eric smiled at me. "I knew that I couldn't physically get people out, so I thought of the next best thing." He explained. "I did try and help, I sent a signal and made sure that my next main priority was to get you out safely." He said.

Michael looked down. "I have to stop assuming that just because your a computer doesn't mean you don't care about other people's safety." He said as he threw his head into his hands.

Eric pat his head. "It's fine, Y/n was quite hesitant to trust and follow me as well." He sat down next to me. "And it's fairly understandable."

Michael looked up at laughed. "Yeah..." he chuckled. "So, what now?"

I looked at him. "What do you mean what now?" I asked.

Michael rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, we just came from a party, and we know for a fact that a fire was just set off, so what do we plan to do now? We still have school tomorrow!" He loudly exclaimed.

I looked at him and cringed. "Since when did you care about school?" I asked with a laugh.

Michael looked like he was about to defend himself, but he slowly just nodded. "True..."