Inside your head - Chapter 13

——Y/n (Your) POV!——

I stumbled down the stairs with Eric floating behind me. He's been trying to cheer me up all morning by saying sweet nothing to me, it's really nice, and I do like them occasionally, but after a while, they felt forced. Even though I knew Eric meant every word when he said, "I care for you," or "You're the most wonderful person I've ever been programmed to see." Of course they're sweet, and of course I like listening to them. I just somehow have convinced myself that he doesn't mean them.

I walked into the kitchen to see my mom leaning on the wall, reading something on her phone as she drank some coffee.

"Hey mum," I meekly waved at her.

My mom looked up at me and smiled. "Hello dear," she gestured with her hand, which had her phone in it, at a cup. "I knew you would be tired, so I brewed up another cup of coffee for you." She grinned.

I smiled and took the cup. I began to drink it. To be honest, I'm practically addicted to caffeine. I can't live without it.

"Hey, Hunny? Can I ask you something?" My mom started.

I nodded. "Of course, anything." I complied, sipping my coffee.

My mother's face twisted in a nervous way. "Well, last night you came home crying, did something happen at Michael's?" She asked, a worried look lingered in her eyes.

I mildly choked on my drink as the memory of last night came flooding in. "I Uh..." I glanced at Eric who looked extremely worried. "He and I just got into a fight..." I bluntly put it.

My mother nodded. "Poor thing, I hope you and him fix things up with each other, I really do like Michael..." She said.

I gazed at the floor. "I do too..."

Eric put a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay, he's just worried about you and just doesn't know how to show it."

I looked up at Eric and weakly smiled. "I hope you're right..."​

As if on cue, my phone got a text.

Qween Chlo: Hay, I'm coming to pick you up rn, get ready to hop in

I quietly chuckled at her text and responded almost immediately.

You: Alright, be out in a sec

I put my phone back in my pocket and averted my gaze back to my mother. "Sorry to but this short mum, but my friend Chloe is coming to pick me up, so I need to head outside."

My mom smiled. "Alright, bye dear." She kissed me cheek and I waved to her as I walked out the door.

I walked over to the sidewalk to see Chloe pulling up onto my street. I flagged her down and got in her car. "Ciao." Chloe welcomed.

"She welcomes in Italian, reply in French."

"Bonjour Chloe." I waved with a smile. I buckled myself in and Chloe began o drive. "What's your first class?" I asked Chloe.

Chloe gave me a confused glance. "Uh, Y/n, we skip our first class, remember?" She pointed out.

A lump grew in my throat. "O-oh yeah! Sorry, I... forgot!" I nervously chuckled. "Wow, really Y/n? You're so stupid." I mentally cursed at myself.

Those words didn't necessarily mean anything to me in a harmful way, but for Eric, he went into a full-blown panic. Eric materialized in front of me and hugged me extremely tightly.

——The Squip's (Eric's) POV!——

I pressed my face onto her shoulder. "You're not stupid, please don't say such things." I desperately cried out.