Chapter 3:Coming Together

Harry took a couple of deep breaths to calm him self. "Hermione Jean Granger, would you do me the great honor of being my girl friend?" He said as he dropped to one knee before her.

He waited, looking expectantly into her beautiful brown eyes, for what seemed like forever.

Hermione looked as confused as she could possibly be, as only two words escaped her lips. "Why ME?"

Harry smiled as he spoke words that in his mind had long been overdue. "You're beautiful; you're the one who has always stood beside me."

He breathed another steadying breath.

"You're the only person that see's me as just Harry, not the stupid boy-who-lives. There is one other thing….You are the girl I think I'm in love with!"

He was still on one knee looking at her expectantly. Her mouth hung open and her eyes were bugging out of head as Harry stood taking her hand. He pulled from the love seat and gently took her into his arms. Her eyes were looking down as he brought a finger to her chin. He slowly raised to head to look in her eyes and the slowly brought his lips to hers. The kiss was at first tentative, soft and sweet. It then built in intensity as she returned it. A light began building between them, a connection from one heart to another, and then it built until it enveloped them. Each was thinking, 'I never want this to end'.

As slowly began needing air the kiss broke but the light continued to shine. Hermione looked deep in Harry's green eyes.

"I LOVE YOU, Harry Potter." She took a breath to steady herself. "Of course I would Love to be your girl friend." She said with a shy blush.

The look on Harry's face was a Happiness that Hermione had never seen before. It seemed to penetrate past all the hurts and pain that Harry had endured. He looked stronger more confident than he ever had.

Hermione could feel Harry's emotion as she seemed to be sharing it.

Harry could see the same in Hermione. He spoke in soft tones. "You are the first person. I can ever remember saying that to me."

Hermione buried her head in his chest. "Then I'll be sure to tell you all the time."

Harry then realized it was getting late, they would need to hurry or they would miss the train. "UMM, we better go or we'll miss the train." As He said this a small ring appeared in his hand. It was a simple golden band with a heart shaped ruby, in a simple setting. His Heart leapt for joy this was all new. "Hermione, before we go I want you to have this." He took her left hand in his, slipped the elegant ring on her finger, it fit perfectly. "It's only until I replace it with an engagement ring…I just can't see me loving anyone else like this ever."

As they slipped out of the unused class room, who should turn the corner ahead of them but Professor McGonagall with a surprised look on her face.