Prologue

Things were not going great for Jaune Arc.
It all started when he told his partner Pyrrha Nikos about his fake transcripts, to which she slapped him in the face and stormed off but not before saying that she wished she never fell in love with him. To make matters worse, Cardin Winchester had overheard the entire conversation and threatened to tell the whole school if he did not do what he said.
So for the next week, Jaune was forced to do Carson's work and to walk around with him and his partner wouldn't even talk to him. It all changed after he saved Cardin from an Ursa in the forever falls, as Cardin told everyone that he beat to Ursa and everyone believed him. To make matters worse he also revealed Jaune's fake transcripts to everyone.
In an instant, once kind faces turned into faces of anger and disgust. The blonde knight was constantly bullied and insulted by every student in beacon besides team CFVY. They knew that Jaune had a good reason and they respected him for always defending Velvet from Cardin. But unfortunately, the same didn't apply for his team or team RWBY. Ruby was hurt that he lied to her and told him to never speak to her again. Yang beat him to a bloody pulp before telling him to stay away from Ruby. Weiss called him a waste of space and a disgrace to huntsmen everywhere, something that really hurt him. Blake didn't say anything but she looked at him disapprovingly.
Things were no better with his team as they also shut him out of his dorm and he was forced to sleep on the roof until Glynda Goodwitch found out about his condition and brought him to Ozpin who gave him a dorm though it did nothing to hide the hurt on the blondes face. But that was not all as Jaune's father Julius Arc officially disowned Jaune and had Crocea mors taken from him and given to his sister Jane Arc who became the new leader of team JNPR. That was the last straw for the blonde knight. That night, he packed his stuff and snuck out of Beacon leaving a message for Ozpin telling him that he couldn't take it anymore.
Jaune, wanting to be discrete, snuck out through the emerald forest and was close to reaching the end of the forest when he heard growling noises and found himself surrounded by a pack of beowolves.
Jaune: "Dammit." Cursed the blonde as his only weapon was a small knife that he had begun to use after he had Crocea mors taken from him. In an instant, the Grimm charged at him and he fought as if his life depended on it which it actually did. In the end, he managed to slay half of the beowolves before he had been slashed in the chest and had ended up losing his knife leading him defenceless against the creatures of darkness. Now the young blonde was leaning against a tree slowly bleeding out, his aura had long ago run out and he knew he was dying. As he sat there, he began to remember the fun times he had with his friends but they were quickly replaced with the times they betrayed him. The blonde then felt his eye lids that to become heavy.
Jaune: 'So this is how I die huh? *weak chuckle* Well I hope you guys are happy now.' Thought one blonde broken boy as he breathed his last breath.
A few days later, people began getting worried of his absence but others (particularly Weiss) shrugged it off. After a week passed, Ozpin created a search party composed of team CFVY and Glynda Goodwitch who returned with grim faced and the corpse of Jaune. Everyone's reactions were surprising. Ruby and Pyrrah locked themselves in their rooms and refused to come out for a few days and when they returned they were very distant. Yang felt terrible as she realised that she became the one thing she swore she would never become, a bully. Weiss actually cried herself to sleep every night believing she was no better than her father. Blake herself kept calling herself a hypocrite as she herself had her own secret and yet she betrayed someone who accepted hers. Nora and Ren were not far off as well, Ren considered Jaune as a brother and he was angry with himself for not getting the full story. Nora had lost her hyperactive persona but returned to her normal self after a few days but everyone could tell it was fake.
Overall, the loss of the blonde knight had a higher impact on beacon than anyone could have realised. But little did they know, that they would meet him again and he will not be the same person they knew back then.