CHAPTER THREE

Quil didn't understand why he volunteered to watch over her while the rest went on patrol

Quil didn't understand why he volunteered to watch over her while the rest went on patrol. Unlike the others, he was not at all cautious on being in the same room with her.

It would be natural for him to feel like the rest, but he couldn't like it was impossible.

It had already been a week-and they were all getting worried about the female.

At one point, Jacob suggested throwing her in water, and maybe it could wake her up-but that got him scolded for hours on end from Emily.

Taking in the long and slow days that passed, as usual, Quil was in the guest room sitting on the chair next to the unconscious female.

He didn't realize that he spent hours just looking at her, feeling a magnetic pull. Though he kept it to himself just thinking it was because she was a supernatural being-and it was probably just normal.

However, Sam had an idea of what was going on-though he kept it to himself. He was the only one out of the pack to have had imprint so far and he had come to the conclusion that was the case.

On the usual nights of watching over the female, Quil was at his usual spot in the chair beside the bed. He didn't know how to explain the sensation, but he just had a feeling that the female was going to wake up on this certain night.

So, he was on the edge of his seat and unknowingly he started to lean over her. While he was observing her, just on cue the female's eyes snapped open but instead of him seeing her eyes-all he could feel was the light thud on his forehead as she slammed her head on his.

"Oh-oh my god!" Quil panicked and placed his hands on her shoulders as she groaned in pain from the impact.

"Bullshark!!" was all she said and he furrowed his brows at her strange swear.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-uh, have my face in front of yours?" He stumbled through his words making the female finally look up with a frown.

However, the moment her eyes locked on his own-Quil froze in place.

Sam had walked in on the moment, and he stopped walking in seeing what had taken place.

The female tilted her head in confusion, having seen exactly what Quil did and it was not normal. She furrowed her brows," What in Poseidon's name was that? What did I just see? Are you some kind of enchanter?"

Sam was taken back by her words along with Quil who turned his head to his alpha in question.

"Pardon?" The alpha questioned and making the female purse her lips, though instead of an answer her eyes widen only taking in her surroundings.

"Holy Shark, what is all this?!" She blurted out and then locked her eyes on the strange things connected to her again," What are these?! Where is my tail!?" Her head snapped up to the males," What did you do to my tail?!" She had a tight hold on the strange soft thing behind her and grabbed it swatting Quil straight in the face. She then repeated the action on hitting Sam with the pillow.

"What have you bottom feeders done to me?!"

Sam and Quil had both tried to calm the female, but it only resulted in her throwing them anything close to her. It didn't stop until she slipped out of the bed falling face flat on the ground.

She was silent making the two share looks. Sam shoved Quil lightly mumbling 'she is your imprint' along the lines making the younger male shoot him a look of disbelief. Nevertheless, he swallowed his nerves and walked over to the female on the ground.

"Um-are you okay?" He said slowly

She lifted her head and peered at the male," I may have overreacted and I apologize"

Quil chuckled at her words and reached over to help her, but he stopped his hands," Is it okay if I help you get up?"

She hesitated for a moment but accepted his offer. Though, the moment she felt his touch, she felt a rush through her body.

She couldn't explain the feeling since she didn't even understand what it was. All she did was just brush it aside and focus on taking in whatever has happened to her.

She couldn't recall what happened at all-except that before the events at the shore, she only remembered being in her room of protection.

The rest was a blur.