CHAPTER THIRTY

Once the young sea-dweller had left the hospital

Old Quil's heartbeat had no longer fluctuated and was replaced with a normal beat. The doctors and nurses all were confused at the sudden change, and all of his visitors were all left disordered.

Everyone had prepared for the worse-they had all expected his heartrate to flatline.

"What's happened?" Jake furrowed his brows standing in the hospital room with the rest of the pack and Joy.

"How did it-" Embry spoke next but stopped himself as he slowly turned his gaze to Quil who was hugging his mother-both of the Ateara's just as confused.

All of them had been so puzzled and there had been no explanation for the elder's life to suddenly just improve within a few hours.

It was a miracle.

"The doctors said he just suddenly got better" Sam started to explain," It's not remotely possibly-they were all sure he'd..." The alpha trailed off not daring to say what they all presumed.

Old Quil-shouldn't have been alive, yet here he was; Alive and completely healthy.

The silence took over as each of them all fell into their own thoughts.

Quil had taken the chance to stand next to his grandfather and held his hand, but the moment he made contact; Old Quil's eyes shot open, which quite frankly scared the living out of his grandson.

"Gramps" Quil whispered, making the elder turn to his grandson.

For a moment, he was in a daze; but once his mind came to place; his eyes widened as he let out a breath," Zahra"

"What?" Joy now joined her son

"Zahra!" Old Quil raised his voice

"What about-

"You have to stop her!" Old Quil cut off one of the males

"Stop her from what? Hurting someone else?" Paul asked and the elder turned to the Lahote narrowing his gaze," Son, Zahra saved my life-She isn't capable of hurting a fly!"

"Gramps, what do we need to stop Zahra from?" Quil turned the subject back," What do you mean?"

Old Quil evened his breathing as he locked eyes with his Grandson," The one that nearly took my life, was an Enchantress-she's still out there, and Zahra went to her"

"How do you know?" Sam asked stepping forward taking in the information

"I've always known" Old Quil revealed," It was the reason I kept my distance from Zahra-those tales that had been born in the Makah tribe; the heartbroken woman. She was Zahra's mother; Yareli Swan"

Old Quil then started to roughly explain the unfortunate tale of Ahanu and Yareli; but he had the final part.

The part of what happened to the exiled elder.

"The exiled elder; he had been the reason Yareli had sough out the Enchantress. He was never over his bitterness"

"Do you know where she is?" Quil asked desperately

"The place where you found her" Old Quil stated and there were no other words exchanged. Each of the pack members all left, except for Quil who was still holding his grandfather's hand.

"Save her, my boy" Old Quil added," Save her before it's too late" Quil nodded and quickly left, leaving his mother and grandfather just silently pray, that he and the boys save her.