CHAPTER SIX

Emily was preparing food as usual for the pack and Zahra was once again locked inside her room

Emily was preparing food as usual for the pack and Zahra was once again locked inside her room. It was still a work in progress for the mermaid, since each day she was learning something new. But she was still frightened of everyone except for Quil.

It had only been two weeks since she was suddenly thrown into the world above the water and Zahra still had no recollection of what exactly had happened to her. Although, her main problem was that she can't even touch the ocean water. When she joined the pack to an excursion at the beach, she curiously went to try and attempt to touch the ocean.

The only place she only ever knew to exist. Upon touching the water, she was left with the same painful sensation she felt her first night above the water.

That night, Zahra had cried for the first time in her life, which ended up frightening her. Quil had a struggle on describing the emotion while trying his best to calm her. Despite the difficulty of the night, he still didn't get bothered for even a moment. He was very considerate for her.

Zahra had known deep down on how she was burdening everyone. So, she decided to actually try and approach the second person she was slowly becoming comfortable around. However, her issue was that she was nowhere near use to using her legs and it annoyed her greatly.

She was stubborn enough to push herself and try to rely on her own for once, but she was left taking slow steps-and while she was just out of the door, she fell causing a loud thud alarming Emily.

The female ran quickly turning the corner and panicked seeing Zahra sprawled on the floor," Oh, Zahra, Sweetheart are you okay?"

She slowly looked up and tried to hide her embarrassment but her cheeks were a beautiful shade of red," I-I underestimated legs" She mumbled sitting up pouting.

"It's okay, you're still learning" Emily smiled and knelt down," Would it be okay if I helped you? Quil's currently on patrol, and he won't be back for a few hours"

The mermaid nodded reaching her hand out first slightly astonishing Emily since Zahra was afraid to touch anyone that wasn't Quil.

"I-came out to..." Zahra balanced on her legs leaning on the older female feeling flustered," help"

"Oh!" Emily's face lit up," I would love that Zahra"

"I want to stop being such a burden" She reflected while looking down.

"Oh Sweetheart, you are far from being a burden"

Zahra had a small smile form on her face as she replied bdown looking at Emily, "Really?"

"Of course, you remember when Quil explained to you about shape-shifting?"

"Yes, the boys turn into-wolves?"

"Yeah" Emily nodded," You see, just like how you were suddenly thrown into a place unknown to you, the boys were the same with them turning into wolves" The older female stopped speaking and let out a gasp," Sorry, was that too much?"

"No" Zahra shook her head," I'm glad you told me that Emily, it gives me the courage to try harder"

"Quil will be so happy to hear that you know"

Zahra peered at Emily and tilted her head," Why do I feel happy that Quil will feel happy?"

"Well, it just means you care about Quil" She tried to explain in simple terms.

"I don't understand these human emotions" Zahra scrunched her nose but then a smile formed on her face," But I want to learn all about them"

"Don't worry Zahra, just learn at your own pace, and soon enough you'll understand it"