CHAPTER NINETEEN

To say, Sam Uley has never been this overwhelmed in his entire life would be an understatement

To say, Sam Uley has never been this overwhelmed in his entire life would be an understatement. In fact, the entire feeling was so strong that Zahra felt suffocated with the heavy air. The mermaid brought her knees toward her chest to calm her nerves as the Alpha just stared at her in complete shock.

In his realization of seeing the female curling up, he let out a sigh focusing on calming his nerves. He was not the slightest angry that she pretty much pointed out his biggest weakness. He knew she meant no harm and that getting angry was not appropriate. He had complete control on that emotion after harming Emily, but the one emotion he had no control over was the guilt.

"I was engaged before I was with Emily, with her cousin" Sam started making Zahra listen to his turmoil. She didn't bother to stop him and allow the Alpha to speak his thoughts," Her name is Leah and honestly, up until a few years ago. She was the one I wanted to spend my life with, but-then I phased for the first time. I was confused and scared of myself. I was the first of my generation, and before it all-all of the legends we were told, I was like everyone else assuming it was all just tales the adults told us to pass time"

"Then I had help from her father, and I was able to adjust to my fate. Once I had control over it, I was able to be around Leah again and we both started to focus on our wedding-but...Then Emily came to visit to be her Maid of Honor and then I imprinted"

Zahra pursed her lips while scrunching her eyebrows," So you just left, Leah?"

"No" Sam immediately rejected and tightened his fist on the steering wheel. He let out a painful laugh," I stayed with Leah, but I couldn't help but be drawn to Emily. I had every right to reject the idea of being with her romantically, but I was weak. I let myself fall in love"

"Sam" Zahra spoke up reaching over patting his hand that was tightened on the wheel," You can't control loving someone...however, this regret you have will never go away"

"I know it won't" Sam loosened his grip," I'll live with it forever"

"No" The younger female lowered her legs back to the ground," I didn't say that Sam, I said it will never go away-Unless, you find closure"

"I don't think it's possible" He denied and Zahra shook her head.

" Sam, you need to stop thinking and start acting. The regret-will not just fix itself. Only you can and that means coming to terms with the mistakes you've done. Tell me, have you properly explained this to Emily or Leah?"

"I've explained it to Emily, yes" Sam stated

"What about Leah?"

"I said I was sorry for falling in love with her cousin, but It's all I can do without revealing things she can't know"

"Then all of this is not regret on hurting Leah, " Zahra locked her eyes with his own," Your regret is not being able to fully accept the mistakes and I think it will go away once you come into terms that you made a choice. Sure, you hurt Leah and I don't know the reason for your choice, but again I don't understand a lot of things. However, I do know what it's like to be consumed in regret and the more you make it take over, then the harder it is to feel alive."