CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

Zahra's visitors were endless and the hospital was busy as ever with it all

Zahra's visitors were endless and the hospital was busy as ever with it all. Sure, there had been some complaints but because of the low gossip that the nurse had caused, most of the doctors had given it a pass.

It was a small town after all and anything eventful was something they had openly welcomed. Regardless of it being bad things as well-it was just something they have taken in consideration of commonness.

Joy and Old Quil had been just like Quil; giving it a challenge to leave her side when visiting hours were over. The treaty was only void for this short moment given the prospect for them to reunite with their former lost loved one.

It was a respected boundary that had been given and the Cullens-minus Carlisle had strayed away from the hospital in the respect for the state of affairs.

However, it had come to settle down for the sake of regulations and her visitations had been now limited. Zahra had to remain admitted until her fluids were back in order and Joy had been the one to stay with her the most.

Quil did not like being apart from her for so long, but he understood that he had to get back on track with everything. His patrols had gotten back to normal, added with some extra longer periods as a way to make up for the guys and Leah taking his shifts during his time of grief.

A month had passed over, and many things had changed for the pack once again. Besides Seth, Paul and Jared-Embry had finally joined the circle of imprinting.

Quil couldn't be happier for his best friend, knowing that Embry had been one of the lucky ones who fell in love with his soulmate Juliet Michael before the imprinting just like Paul with Jacob's older sister Serena. Jared's was more of a crush with Rachel, so Quil didn't consider it as lucky as the other two.

Zahra let out a laugh seeing Quil with a camera facing her. It had been something he picked up since her returning-or more of the fact that Joy had put him up to it.

A day spent between the Ateara family; Joy had brought out a box that she had in her closet since her husband's death. She had wanted to show it sooner-before Zahra suddenly got sick, but the timing was just horrid.

So, she took the opportunity the instant Zahra had been discharged from the hospital. Joy had shared her husband's hobby on constantly recording every chance he got of his wife. That night was full of tears and laughs for the family as they watched the old videotapes of the many cherished moments between them.

"So, what's the special moment, today?" Zahra asked

Quil lowered the camera slightly away from his face," What are you saying Zahra, every moment is special" He mocked making her giggle.

"I love you, silly" Zahra said lovingly making Quil sigh in content

"I love you more, Zahra" He responded back making her walk over and grab the camera facing it towards him. He laughed stepping back as they continued to enjoy their time at the beach.

Every time they went to the beach, Quil made it his goal to make the best memories there. The reason-was that it was because of the price Zahra had to pay in order to return back.

When Zahra had 'died' she was actually just reborn, in the cycle of being a Selkie. Since Zahra had been held captive in a timeless barrier, it was only expected for her body to die.

But what Zahra never knew, was that it was just the endless cycle of her kind. She will always be reborn after a few years, but each rebirth would be the cost of a strong memory.

In Zahra's case, she had met with her biological parents and throughout her couple of months back to her kingdom-they saw her unhappiness and longing.

So, her father had given her a chance to return, but the price was that her memories of ever being a Selkie would eventually disappear and be replaced with life as a mundane. She was to become human for good.

However, despite the mundane memories, Zahra's love for the water would always remain.

Zahra was easily acceptant to the chance, explaining that her home was wherever Quil was. When she told this to him, he never cried as much in his entire life.

They both taught each other the true meaning of what it meant on being Alive.