CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

Quil was not sure if he was losing his sense of dignity as he allowed himself to get in the car with Alice

Quil was not sure if he was losing his sense of dignity as he allowed himself to get in the car with Alice. The entire ride was suffocating for the pair and the silence was overbearing.

Alice had purposely gone over the speed limit and Quil wordlessly thanked her for the choice, not really trusting himself from phasing at the smallest falter in his control.

Over half of the year, he couldn't wholly trust himself on a preconceived confident of being mentally and physically stable. It was an insecurity that burned deeply within his consciousness that can be considered a trauma.

Quil trusted himself, but a small part of him would remain doubtful.

"Quil" Alice called out to him finally getting him out of his daze, he was surprised that he didn't realize that they had arrived at the hospital. From the irritating huff that left the Cullen's lips, Quil had suspected that she had been calling him for a while now and he quickly apologized after getting out of her car.

"Carlisle will meet you at the front desk" Alice added before driving off leaving Quil in the drop-off. He let out a sigh at being able to at least calm his nerves temporarily for not being around a Cold One, and he took the chance to take his time before heading straight in.

His mind was not at all prepared for whoever it was that he 'might' have a connection with. All he hoped was that it was not all a trick considering he was across the treaty line and the possibility of unnecessary confrontation would occur.

Though, that was the last on his mind knowing that despite the Cullen's being his natural enemies-he wasn't as so hostile towards them.

Maybe it was because of his upbringing-and the influence of Zahra that he came to that conclusion. However, it can also just be the natural trait he openly had that he barely noticed himself.

Quil had gradually walked into the hospital and his eyes quickly found the patriarch of the Cullen family at the front desk speaking with a nurse. For a moment, Quil stood a few feet away respecting the fact that he was currently on-call and chose to wait for the right approach.

Carlisle found an appreciation seeing the small gesture and once he dismissed the ER nurse, the older man walked towards the Quileute," Thank you for coming"

Quil coughed awkwardly and nodded his head meekly," I admit I did have some doubt about the situation"

"It's understandable" The blonde nodded in understanding," Shall we?" He asked softly and Quil nodded again following the older male in tow.

While they entered the elevator, Carlisle chose the moment to explain what he could," The patient does not have an identification and was admitted a few months ago"

"Do you really think I might have a connection?" Quil questioned and Carlisle just shook his head unsure how to answer.

"To be honest, Edward hearing her thoughts is the only way I can say its possible. However, we won't know for sure, unless you can confirm it"

"Why can't she confirm it herself?" The younger male folded his arms cocking his eyebrow. The ring of the elevator allowed the males to step out, but Carlisle didn't continue to walk forward and stay in place.

"Alice didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

Carlisle let out a breath," Well the patient has been in a coma the moment she had been admitted"