CHAPTER NINE

Once Quil had put Zahra to sleep, he decided to go to Sam for a long-needed talk

Once Quil had put Zahra to sleep, he decided to go to Sam for a long-needed talk. He knew that it was all on him for the meeting to happen. The older male was very patient and understood, but Quil, on the other hand, knew that he was stalling.

Once he stepped out the hall his eyes fell on Sam who was chuckling at whatever Emily was telling him. His heart warmed with delight at the sight of the lovers. He knew the obstacles they went through and he wanted that strong bond as well. It didn't have to be Zahra, in fact, he knew that just because he imprinted on the mermaid, it didn't mean they had to become lovers.

But with each day spent with her, he couldn't help but feel so alive around her. He was still adjusting to his new world, but with her suddenly thrown into the chaos, he felt reassured at the idea that it was not a horrifying adjustment.

It was as a signal lit in Sam allowing the male to turn his attention to his newest member of the pack. He smiled softly knowing he was sought out for advice and Emily had read into it and nodded placing a kiss on his cheek leaving the room for them to talk.

Quil walked over sitting on the chair across his Alpha and let out a breath," I want to tell Zahra everything"

"Everything?" Sam inquired and observed the younger male in confusion

"About the Cold Ones" Quil acknowledged," I know we kept the subject away, but I want her to know about everything-e-even if it scares her"

"I'm open for telling her Quil" Sam reached over the table patting his hand," I told you whenever you think it's ready, the boys and I will be right behind you. I know we're having a few changes around us-with the Cullens and all, but know that we will be with you each step. Zahra is important to the pack."

"Because she's my imprint?" He asked slightly hurt at the idea. What if he didn't imprint on Zahra, would the pack just leave her stranded?

"No Quil" Sam said straightly," Imprint or not-Supernatural or not. We are protectors, and we protect those who have blood in their veins"

Quil closed his eyes in assurance as he let the words sink in. He was glad that Sam always knew what to say to him. He decided it was the right moment to ask the alpha his dying question," Why haven't you told the elders about Zahra?"

Sam's lips tightened in a firm thin line as he felt tense at the question. Besides Billy and Harry-he knew wasn't so sure the rest would be so welcoming to Zahra. Especially Old Quil. He knew the older man followed the old traditions and he was not as open as the rest. He knew he had to share his worries to Quil and he took a breath before saying what troubled him," Old Quil; your grandfather, he might not be as open to the idea of Zahra"

Quil knew. He knew what Sam said was true, in fact, he also shared that same exact insecure thought. He lowered his head as his eyes fell on the wooden table.

"I know, Sam" He revealed," That's my biggest uncertainty as well"