The Horn

CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

(3rd Person POV)

Caspian the tenth slept soundly in his room, as his Aunt gave birth to a son. Caspian's professor enters Caspian's room to wake him.

"Five more minutes," Caspian says as the professor shakes him awake.

"We won't be watching the stars tonight, my prince. Come. We must hurry," The Professor explains.

"Professor, what's going on?" Caspian asks as he dresses.

"Your aunt has given birth to a son. Come," The professor says as they take the secret passage through Caspian's wardrobe. Caspian turns and watches as soldiers come into his room before shooting his bed full of arrows. "You must make for the woods." The professor brings Caspian his horse.

"The woods?" Caspian asks shocked.

"They won't follow you there," The professor answers and then pulls out Susan's horn. "It has taken me many years to find this. Do not use it except at your greatest need."

"Will I ever see you again?" Caspian asks as he mounts his horse.

"I dearly hope so, my prince. There is so much more I meant to tell you. Everything you know is about to change."

"Close the drawbridge!" A guard calls out.

"Now, go," The professor orders and Caspian takes off.

"Halt! Halt!" Guards call as Caspian leaves the castle. Caspian is followed by the General and his men. Caspian rides on into the woods but the soldiers stop at the edge of the woods, knowing the stories.

"Which of you superstitious old women wants to spend the night in a cell?" The General asks and they all take off into the woods. Caspian is still riding away through the woods being chased. He looks to see how close the soldiers are and when he turns back around he hits into a branch knocking him off of his horse. Caspian's foot gets caught in the stirrup and he is drug by his horse. Caspian finally gets free and just lies on the ground for a few minutes before sitting up and looking around. Trumpkin and Nikabrik come out of the house in the tree.

"He's seen us," Nikabrik says as he and Trumpkin draw their swords. Trumpkin runs towards Caspian but stops when he sees Susan's horn on the ground. Caspian looks between the horn and his sword unsure of which to grab. The soldiers can be heard coming in the distance.

"Take care of him," Trumpkin orders as he runs towards the soldiers. Nikabrik runs towards Caspian. Athena comes outside wondering what is taking Trumpkin and Nikabrik so long. Caspian quickly grabs the horn.

"No!" Nikabrik calls out as Caspian blows the horn. Nikabrik then knocks Caspian out with the handle of his sword.

"Seriously, Nikabrik," Athena says as she runs to Caspian's side. "Get the horn and his sword." Athena then pulls Caspian inside and to her room to lay him on her bed. Athena turns to go help Trumpkin when Nikabrik stops her.

"They've taken him," Nikabrik states.