Meeting Caspian

CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8

(Athena POV)

I'm walking with the raiding party, so I have my hood up. Caspian thought he heard something so he went to check it out.

"No, stop!" I hear a voice that sounds like Lucy's. I run in the direction that Caspian had gone with the Narnians following me. We get to the top of the hill to find Lucy, Peter, and Caspian at the bottom. Caspian pulls a sword out of a tree.

"Prince Caspian?" Peter asks as he turns to Caspian who is pointing the sword at him. I'm in shock from seeing Peter.

"Yes? And who are you?" Caspian asks.

"Peter!" Susan shouts as she, Edmund and Trumpkin come up behind Lucy. I'm glad to see Trumpkin alive.

"High King Peter," Caspian says after he looks at the sword in his hand.

"I believe you called," Peter says.

"Well, yes, but I thought you'd be older," Caspian states.

"If you like, we could come back in a few years," Peter says.

"No. No, that's all right. You're just... You're not exactly what I expected," Caspian says before looking over at me. I was still frozen in the same spot.

"Neither are you," Edmund states and it finally clicks in my mind that they are actually here. Edmund looks over at a Minotaur confused.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes," I say walking down to stand beside Caspian.

"We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege. Our hearts and swords are at your service," Reepicheep says as he comes forward and unsheathes his sword. While everyone was distracted, I took Peter's sword from Caspian.

"Oh, my gosh, he is so cute," Lucy says to Susan.

"Who said that?" Reepicheep asks as he waves his sword around.

"Sorry," Lucy apologizes.

"Your Majesty, with the greatest respect, I do believe "courageous," "courteous," or "chivalrous" might more befit a knight of Narnia," Reepicheep explains.

"Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade," Peter says.

"Yes, indeed. And I have recently put it to good use, securing weapons for your army, sire," Reepicheep says.

"Good. Because we're going to need every sword we can get," Peter says as he turns to Caspian. Peter clearly does not like him. I hold out the hilt of Peter's sword and bow my head.

"Well, then, you will probably be wanting yours back," I say as Peter grabs his sword and I throw my head back making my hood fall off.

(Peter POV)

"No. No, that's all right. You're just... You're not exactly what I expected," Caspian says before looking over at a hooded figure.

"Neither are you," Edmund states as he looks over at a Minotaur confused.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes," The hooded figure says walking down to stand beside Caspian. The voice is definitely female and I feel as if I have heard it before.

"We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege. Our hearts and swords are at your service," A mouse says as he comes forward and unsheathes his sword.

"Oh, my gosh, he is so cute," Lucy says to Susan.

"Who said that?" The mouse asks as he waves his sword around.

"Sorry," Lucy apologizes.

"Your Majesty, with the greatest respect, I do believe "courageous," "courteous," or "chivalrous" might more befit a knight of Narnia," The mouse explains.

"Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade," I say basically pointing out that Caspian cannot.

"Yes, indeed. And I have recently put it to good use, securing weapons for your army, sire," The mouse says.

"Good. Because we're going to need every sword we can get," I say as I turn to Caspian to get my sword which I realize that he does not have anymore. The hooded girl holds out the hilt of my sword and bows her head.

"Well, then, you will probably be wanting yours back," The girl says and I know I've heard her voice before. As I grab my sword from her she throws her head back making her hood fall off. I feel my breath catch in my throat as I look at the girl I never thought I would see again.