Reepicheep

CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

(Athena POV)

Caspian decided to go searching for what was left of the Narnian army, instead of waiting for the Pevensies or for Aslan. Trufflehunter and Nikabrik are following him on the ground and are making a lot of noise, while I follow silently in the trees.

"I can hear you," Caspian says as he turns around. Trufflehunter and Nikabrik come out from behind some trees. I decide to sneak up on Caspian. I jump from a tree behind landing, silently before sneaking up behind him and put one of my sias to his throat.

"Can you hear me?" I ask him and he jumps. I chuckle a little.

"I just think we should wait for the kings and queens," Trufflehunter states. Caspian turns back around and continues walking with me by his side.

"Fine! Go then! See if the others will be as understanding!" Trufflehunter says.

"Or maybe I'll come with you. I want to see you explain things to the Minotaurs," Nikabrik says as they chase after us. Caspian stops after hearing Minotaurs.

"Minotaurs? They're real?" Caspian questions.

"And very bad-tempered," I answer with a chuckle.

"Yeah, not to mention big," Nikabrik states.

"Huge," Trufflehunter stresses.

"What about centaurs? Do they still exist?" Caspian asks as we continue walking.

"Well, the centaurs will probably fight on your side," I answer him knowing how loyal they are.

"But there's no telling what the others will do," Trufflehunter explains.

"What about Aslan?" Caspian asks as he stops. Nikabrik, Trufflehunter, and I all tense and stop. Trufflehunter and Nikabrik look to me, knowing that Aslan is a touchy subject.

"How do you know so much about us?" Nikabrik asks as he and Trufflehunter turn around.

"Stories," Caspian answers and I continue walking.

"Wait a minute. Your father told you stories about Narnia?" Trufflehunter asks.

"No, my professor, he..." Caspian begins to answer. "Listen, I'm sorry. These are not the kind of questions you should be asking." Caspian then catches up to me. Trufflehunter starts sniffing the air and I hear soldiers walking in the distance.

"What is it?" Nikabrik asks.

"Human," Trufflehunter answers.

"Them?" Nikabrik asks while pointing at me and Caspian.

"No. Them," I answer pointing to the soldiers.

"There they are!" The soldiers yell.

"Run!" Nikabrik yells and we take off running. We constantly dodge the arrows from the soldier's crossbows. An arrow hits Trufflehunter in the leg making him fall.

"Oh, no," Nikabrik calls and goes running towards Trufflehunter.

"Wait. I'll go," Caspian says as I and him run past Nikabrik. Caspian bends down to Trufflehunter while I stand in front of them unsheathing my sword and pulling out one of my sias.

"Take it. Go! It's more important than I am," Trufflehunter says as he hands Caspian Susan's horn. Caspian takes it and puts it in his bag.

"Get him out of here," I order Caspian. I then hear the unsheathing of what sounds like tiny swords. "Reepicheep!" I think. A few soldiers get mysteriously taken down making me know that it is him. Caspian picks up Trufflehunter and starts running. I take down a couple of soldiers before I start running as well. I stop when I sense some soldiers getting close. Caspian gives Trufflehunter to Nikabrik before turning around and unsheathing his sword. The last soldier gets distracted by looking at the ground for what has taken out the rest of the soldiers. I throw my sia and I take him down. I go grab my sia and turn around to join Caspian. I hear something small running in the direction of Caspian before I see something small jump out of the grass making Caspian fall.

"Choose your last words carefully, Telmarine," I hear Reepicheep say and I start running to them.

"You are a mouse," Caspian says in shock.

"I was hoping for something a little more original," Reepicheep says. "Pick up your sword."

"No, thanks," Caspian says.

"Pick it up! I will not fight an unarmed man," Reepicheep orders.

"Which is why I might live longer if I choose not to cross blades with you, noble mouse," Caspian states.

"I said I would not fight you. I didn't say I'd let you live!" Reepicheep says getting ready to strike.

"Reepicheep! Stay your blade!" Trufflehunter orders.

"Trufflehunter? I trust you have a very good reason for this untimely interruption," Reepicheep says.

"He doesn't. Go ahead," Nikabrik says earning a nudge from Trufflehunter.

"He's the one who blew the horn, Reepicheep," I say as I remove my hood, shocking Reepicheep and Caspian.

"I'm sorry, your Majesty," Reepicheep says as he gets off of Caspian and bows.

"Then let him bring it forward," A voice I haven't heard since he was young says. "This is the reason we have gathered." I turn and see Glenstorm and a few other centaurs.