The Battle

CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16

(3rd Person POV)

"Charge!" Caspian orders and they take off underneath the ground. A centaur blows a horn.

"One, two..." Peter starts counting above ground.

"Three, four..." Caspian counts.

"Five, six..." Peter counts. "Take your aim!" Susan orders the archers.

"Stay with them!" Trumpkin calls as the rocks from catapults hit the How.

"Eight, nine..." Peter counts. "Get ready!"

"Now!" Athena orders and the Narnians start taking out the columns under the ground. The ground then caves in taking out dozens of the Telmarines.

"Now!" Susan orders the archers who release their shots taking out dozens more of the Telmarines. Edmund mounts a horse before charging towards the Telmarines.

"Charge!" Peter orders. Peter and the Narnians then charge into battle. Underground dwarves make the ground drop into a ramp.

"Charge!" Athena orders as her and Caspian ride up the ramp. They are behind the Telmarines and charge into battle. The rest of the Telmarine army starts marching forward. Caspian raises his sword signaling for the Griffins. The Griffins carry dwarves with bows and arrows. The Telmarine fire at the Griffins taking them out. Something like magic floats in the air. Athena looks to Peter, who looks to Susan. Susan shrugs her shoulders. Peter turns back to Athena.

"Lucy?" Peter asks and Athena shakes her head no. "Back to the How!" The Narnians start heading back to the How. The Telmarine launch the catapults at the entrance of the How.

"Brace yourselves!" Susan orders the archers who are on the ledges of the How. The entrance of the How becomes blocked off. The ledge where Susan is standing breaks and she falls. Trumpkin is able to grab her. Caspian dismounts his horse and goes to stand beside Peter as they watch Trumpkin and Susan. Trumpkin swings Susan to a lower ledge. Peter and Caspian turn to face the Telmarines. Edmund and Athena dismount their horses going to stand on either side of Peter with Athena between Peter and Caspian. Susan runs up behind them. Caspian, Edmund, and Athena unsheathe their swords. Athena looks at Peter and nods. Peter and Athena start running into the battle with the others following. Meanwhile, Lucy is being chased by a Telmarine. Aslan comes out of nowhere, killing the Telmarine.

"Aslan!" Lucy calls as she runs to hug him. "Why didn't you come roaring in and save us like last time?"

"Things never happen the same way twice, dear one," Aslan answers. "Now, I think your friends have slept long enough don't you?" Aslan then roars a mighty roar which awakens the trees. Back at the battle, Trumpkin gets knocked down and both Caspian and Athena notice. Caspian grabs a dagger and Athena grabs one of her sias. They both throw the blades killing the soldier. Athena grabs her sia before helping Trumpkin up. Caspian begins fighting two soldiers at once but he trips and falls into the hole. Athena sees and runs to his aid.

"Caspian!" Athena calls in horror as the Telmarine General grabs a spear and goes to kill Caspian but stops. A tree root comes out of the ground grabbing the General before slamming him into the ground, knocking him out. Peter helps Caspian out of the hole as the trees begin to move and fight.

"Lucy," Peter states as Caspian looks around in shock. The trees then take out the catapults. Peter looks over at Athena. "Together?" Athena smiles while nodding.

"For Aslan!" Peter and Athena yell as they raise their swords before the run back into battle with the Narnians following. The Telmarines begin to retreat to the river. The Telmarines make it halfway across the bride before stopping as they see Lucy walk up the other side. The Narnian army stops just behind the Telmarines as they too, see Lucy. Lucy unsheathes her dagger with a threatening look. The Telmarines look back at the Narnian army then back to Lucy only to find Aslan by her side. Peter and Athena share a smile. The Telmarine army then charges toward Aslan and Lucy. Aslan roars a mighty roar making the Telmarines stop. The water in the river begins to speed up. The river forms into a huge man, which scares the Telmarines making them start to jump into the water. The riverman then picks up the bridge leaving on the Telmarine that stabbed Miraz with the arrow on it. The riverman then swallows the Telmarine. The Telmarines then surrender. The Narnians begin to take the Telmarines weapons. Athena takes off running across the river towards Aslan.