All Of You

CHAPTER 17

CHAPTER 17

(Athena POV)

I run across the river to Aslan and wrap him in a hug. Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Caspian then make their way across the river. I step away from Aslan and stand between Peter and Caspian. Peter starts to bow and we follow him.

"Rise, Kings and Queens of Narnia," Aslan says and everyone but Caspian rises. "All of you." Caspian looks up at Aslan.

"I do not think I am ready," Caspian states.

"It's for that very reason I know you are," Aslan explains which makes me smile. Caspian rises and looks to Peter who gives him a nod. The mice then bring Reepicheep forward one a stretcher. Lucy races forward before dropping a drop of her healing juice into his mouth.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. Thank you," Reepicheep tells Lucy as he stands then takes notice of Aslan. "Hail, Aslan! It is a great honor to be in..." Reepicheep goes to bow but almost falls on his face. "I'm completely out of countenance. I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion." Reepicheep then turns to Lucy. "Perhaps a drop more?"

"I don't think it does that," Lucy answers sadly.

"You could have a go," Reepicheep offers.

"It becomes you well, small one," Aslan states.

"All the same, great king, I regret that I must withdraw, for a tail is the honor and glory of a mouse," Reepicheep explains.

"Perhaps you think too much of your honor, friend," Athena states.

"Well, it's not just the honor. It's also great for balance. And climbing. And grabbing things," Reepicheep further explains.

"May it please Your High Majesty, we will not bear the shame of wearing an honor denied to our chief," One of the mice says as they all hold a sword to their tails.

"Not for the sake of your dignity, but for the love of your people," Aslan says.

"Look!" One of the mice says as Reepicheep grows a new tail.

"Thank you, my liege. I will treasure it always. From this day forward it will serve as a great reminder of my huge humility," Reepicheep says as he holds the tail close.

"Now, where is this dear little friend you've told me so much about?" Aslan asks Lucy, who looks to Trumpkin. Trumpkin makes his way over since he sees everyone looking at him. Trumpkin then bows before Aslan, who stands. Aslan then roars at Trumpkin making him jump.

"Do you see him now?" Lucy asks Trumpkin which makes me chuckle.

The next day at the castle, Caspian is crowned a King of Narnia. We all then ride through the streets. Caspian, with his crown, rides beside Aslan. I ride between Peter and Susan with Edmund and Lucy behind us. I have been spending as much time as I could with Peter because I felt as if our time together would be short. That night there is a ball, which I dance with Peter and Caspian but mainly Peter. Susan spends her time with Caspian. I walk out to a balcony to get some air.

"Have I told you that you look extremely beautiful tonight?" Peter says as he joins me on the balcony while wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"You don't look so bad yourself," I tell him with a smile which makes him smile. "Just like old times." I chuckle.

"It's not quite the same though is it?" Peter asks and I hang my head.

"Not quite," I say as the fireworks begin. Peter and I turn to watch the fireworks. I look over at Peter, who is already looking at me. I smile at him and he pulls me in for a gentle kiss.

The Return Of The Angel On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara