Dark Magic

CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12

(3rd Person POV)

Peter walks inside the How as he feels tears fall down his cheeks as he thinks about Athena. Caspian stares at the engraving of the five kings and queens of old. He feels tears down his face as he looks at the engraving of Athena. Little did Peter and Caspian know was that the Griffin carrying Athena had just reached the How. Glenstorm catches an unconscious Athena in his arms as the Griffin drops her. Edmund runs inside to find Lucy.

"Lucy, come quick," Edmund says and Lucy follows him. Susan had gone in search of Peter. Lucy and Edmund make it outside right as Glenstorm laid Athena on the ground. Glenstorm pulls the arrow from Athena's leg. Lucy gasps and runs over as she grabs her cordial.

"Are you so glad of that magic horn now, boy? Your kings and queens have failed us. Your army's half dead, along with the Angel of Hope. And those that aren't will be soon enough," Nikabrik says to Caspian.

"What do you want? Congratulations?" Caspian asks him.

"You want your uncle's blood. So do we. You want his throne? We can get it for you," Nikabrik answers before walking into the room with the stone table. Caspian follows him. "You tried one ancient power. It failed. But there is a power greater still. One that kept even Aslan and the Angel of Hope at bay for near a hundred years." Caspian hears a growl in the shadows and unsheathes his sword.

"Who's there?" Caspian asks.

"I am hunger. I am thirst. I can fast a hundred years and not die. I can lie a hundred nights on the ice and not freeze. I can drink a river of blood and not burst. Show me your enemies!" A werewolf says as it comes out of the shadows.

"What you hate, so will we. No one hates better than us," A hag says as it also comes out of the shadows.

"And you can guarantee Miraz's death?" Caspian asks.

"And more," The hag says as it bows. Caspian sheathes his sword. "Let the circle be drawn." The werewolf starts to draw the circle while the hag chants.

Lucy drops a drop of the healing juice into Athena's mouth and she stops breathing before taking a breath making her cough.

"Thank you," Athena says.

"We have to let the others know," Lucy says as she stands up. Athena stands quickly and unsheathes her sword.

"There is dark magic here. Get the others," She tells Edmund and Lucy before she takes off into the How with them following. Lucy and Edmund head to find Peter and Susan while Athena heads for the stone table.

The hag brings out what is left of the White Witch's wand before stabbing it into the ground and a wall of ice forms.

"Wait," Caspian says as he sees the White Witch in the ice. "This isn't what I wanted." The werewolf grabs Caspian as he backs away.

"One drop of Adam's blood and you free me. Then I am yours, my king," The White Witch says. The hag then slits Caspian's hand open.

"No!" Caspian yells. The White Witch sticks her hand out of the ice and Caspian starts to go forward.

"Stop!" Athena calls as she enters the room.

"Impossible," The White Witch says for she believed the girl to be dead. Edmund having found Peter, runs into the room with Peter and Trumpkin behind him. Athena starts running for Caspian. Peter fights the hag, Edmund fights the werewolf and Trumpkin fights Nikabrik. Lucy then enters the room as Nikabrik disarms Trumpkin. Lucy disarms Nikabrik and holds her dagger to his neck. Nikabrik throws her off before grabbing another knife. As Nikabrik goes to stab Lucy, Trumpkin stabs him in the back killing him. Edmund kills the werewolf and Peter kills the hag.

"Come on! Come," The White Witch says to Caspian.

"Get away from him!" Athena yells as she shoves Caspian out of the way.

"Athena," The White Witch says but Peter steps into the circle. "Peter, dear. I've missed you. Come. Just one drop. You know you can't do this alone." Susan runs into the room and is shocked. Athena stands and helps Caspian stand. Peter lowers his sword as he gives into temptation. Which shocks Athena, but she grabs one of her sias and throws it. The sia embeds in the White Witch's head as a sword comes out of her stomach. Trumpkin holds Lucy back, Caspian covers Athena, and Peter drops to his knee as the ice shatters revealing Edmund on the other side with his sword raised. Peter stands up as Edmund lowers his sword. Athena had moved to stand by Susan, giving her a hug since Susan had thought Athena was dead.

"I know. You had it sorted," Edmund states before walking away. Caspian and Peter stare at the engraving of Aslan before looking at each other. They then turn to look at Susan and Athena. Peter and Caspian were both happy that Athena was alive but the look of disappointment on both her and Susan's faces took the happiness away. Both girls shook their head in disappointment before leaving the room.