Dislocated

CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15

(Athena POV)

Peter and Miraz each walk forward.

"There is still time to surrender," Miraz states.

"Well, feel free," Peter tells him.

"How many more must die for the throne?" Miraz asks.

"Just one," Peter answers before lowering his face guard. Peter jumps on some of the ruins before attacking Miraz. Peter is eventually able to slice Miraz across the back. Miraz hits Peter in the head with his shield causing Peter's helmet to come off which makes me gasp. Miraz aims for Peter's neck and he dodges, Peter is able to cut Miraz's leg. Miraz knocks Peter to the ground before he steps on Peter's shield which bends Peter's arm making it pop. Which mean it is probably dislocated. Peter cries out in pain. Miraz attacks again and again but Peter keeps rolling away. Peter then rolls towards Miraz making him trip which gives Peter enough time to stand.

"Does His Highness need a respite?" Miraz asks as it was clear that they were both in pain.

"Five minutes?" Peter asks as he sees Caspian and Susan return from the woods.

"Three!" Miraz agrees as he hobbles over to his chair. I walk over to Peter as he walks up to Susan and Caspian.

"Lucy?" Peter asks.

"She got through with a little help," Susan answers.

"Thanks," Peter tells Caspian.

"Well, you were busy," Caspian responds.

"You better get up there. Just in case," Peter says to Susan.

"I don't expect the Telmarines will keep their word," I agree with Peter. Susan gives Peter a hug which makes him hiss in pain.

"Sorry," she says.

"It's all right," Peter says.

"Be careful," Susan says before heading to the How.

"Keep smiling," Edmund tells Peter. Peter raises his sword and smiles, which makes the Narnians cheer. Caspian takes Peter's shield off of his arm, making Peter cry out in pain. I feel around on his shoulder.

"I think it's dislocated," Peter says and I nod confirming it.

"What do you think happens back home if you die here?" Peter asks Edmund. "You know you've always been there, and I never really..." I shove his shoulder back into place making him cry out.

"Save it for later," Edmund tells him. Peter puts his shield back on and I hand him, his sword. Edmund goes to put on his helmet but Peter shakes his head no. Miraz and Peter start fighting again. Miraz keeps hitting Peter with his shield. Miraz knocks Peter down but Peter swipes Miraz legs out from under him. Peter then is able to stand back up but he leaves his shield. Peter attacks and is able to grab Miraz's sword before throwing it away. Peter attacks Miraz and all Miraz can do is block with his shield. Miraz is able to make Peter drop his sword. Miraz delivers hits and pushes Peter with his shield. Miraz slams Peter in the ruins before grabbing his sword. Peter is able to deflect the sword with his armor before he hits Miraz where he had cut him earlier.

"Respite! Respite," Miraz calls out in pain.

"Now's not the time for chivalry, Peter!" Edmund tells him. Peter decides to walk away. Miraz picks up his sword as he stands and heads for Peter.

"Look out!" I call to Peter. Peter turns and is able to grab the sword taking it from Miraz before driving it into Miraz's stomach and taking it out. Miraz falls to his knees.

"What's the matter, boy? Too cowardly to take a life?" Miraz questions Peter.

"It's not mine to take," Peter says before turning and walking towards Caspian handing him the sword. Peter then picks his own sword up walking over to me and Edmund. I pull him in for a quick hug before turning back to watch Caspian. Caspian raises the sword.

"Perhaps I was wrong. Maybe you do have the makings of a Telmarine king after all," Miraz tells him before lowering his head. Caspian yells before slamming the sword into the ground in front of Miraz.

"Not one like you. Keep your life. But I am giving the Narnians back their kingdom," Caspian says before walking away. One of Miraz's men shoves a Narnian arrow into his back before calling treachery and riding off. Caspian and I mount our horses and stay beside Peter and Edmund. The Telmarines start using their catapults. The Telmarine Calvary starts to make their way forward.

"Archers to the ready!" Susan orders. Peter looks over at Caspian and me before nodding his head. Caspian and I take off riding into the How, followed by Glenstorm.

"Narnians!" I call gaining the troops attention.