I'm Sorry

CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 13

(3rd Person POV)

Peter backs away from the ice and sits on the stone table. Caspian grabs Athena's sia that she left and leaves the room. Caspian goes to sit on one of the ledges outside. Athena goes back into the room to get her sia but stops when she sees Peter. Athena goes and sits beside Peter.

"I'm sorry," Peter apologizes. "I'm sorry for not calling the battle off. I'm sorry for not making sure you got out of there."

"I don't blame you for any of it," Athena tells him as she laces his hand with her own. "You did what you thought you needed to do to be a great King, but Peter. A great King listens to the others around him and takes every fact into consideration."

"I know," Peter agrees. "It was just so hard going back home after ruling here for so long. I was no longer looked up to, I was looked down upon. Plus knowing I left you behind made me feel horrible. I went back to the wardrobe every day until we went home. Then I finally get back to Narnia to find it destroyed and I had no clue if you were alive or not. I felt like I needed to prove to myself that if I did the right thing now that I could make up for not being here." Athena gives Peter's hand a comforting squeeze.

"You're here now and that's all that matters. I'm here and I don't plan on going anywhere. We will get through this as long as we work together. We are better together," Athena explains. Peter nods before pulling the necklace from around his neck that held the ring. Peter puts the necklace in her hand. "What's this?" Athena examines the ring.

"The day when we left Narnia, I had originally planned on, when we returned to the castle, asking you to marry me," Peter answers sadly.

"Oh, Peter," Athena says before she pulls him into a hug. "I would've said yes." Athena then pulls away from the hug and smiles as Peter. Peter smiles before kissing her gently. Athena and Peter both knew that it wasn't the same as it once was but it was nice as it lasted. As they break apart, Athena stands and looks for her sia.

"Caspian, took it," Peter tells her and she nods before leaving the room to look for Caspian. Peter stares at the engraving of Aslan.

Caspian is twirling the sia in his hand as his professor joins him.

"Why did you never tell me about my father?" Caspian asks.

"My mother was a Black Dwarf from the Northern Mountains. I risked my life all these years so that one day you might be a better king than those before you," The Professor answers.

"Then I have failed you," Caspian states.

"Everything I told you, everything I didn't, it was only because I believe in you. You have a chance to become the noblest contradiction in history. The Telmarine who saved Narnia," The professor explains. Athena walks out onto the ledge and the professor stands. The professor passes Athena while giving a bow of his head to the Queen.

"I kind of need my sia for when we go to war, you know," Athena says as she sits beside Caspian.

"I'm sorry," Caspian apologizes and hands Athena her sia.

"I don't blame you for anything. You did what you thought you had to do," Athena says as she stands. They look out and see the Telmarine army. "I'll go get Peter.

Lucy sat down beside Peter after Athena left.

"You're lucky, you know," Peter states.

"What do you mean?" Lucy asks.

"To have seen him. I wish he'd just given me some sort of proof," Peter answers.

"Maybe we're the ones who need to prove ourselves to him," Lucy explains.

"Peter. You'd better come quickly," Athena says as she enters the room before heading out again with Peter and Lucy behind her. They meet Caspian on the ledge.