DLF

CHAPTER 6

CHAPTER 6

(3rd Person POV)

Peter leads the way towards River Rush thinking that there is still a crossing there.

"I don't remember this way," Susan states.

"That's the problem with girls. You can't carry a map in your heads," Peter says.

"That's because our heads have something in them," Lucy says.

"I wish he'd just listen to the D.L.F. in the first place," Susan says to Lucy.

"D.L. F?" Edmund asks confused.

"Dear Little Friend," Lucy answers as she looks at Trumpkin.

"Oh, that's not at all patronizing, is it?" Trumpkin asks sarcastically.

"I'm not lost," Peter says as he stops and looks around.

"No. You're just going the wrong way," Trumpkin says.

"You last saw Caspian at the Shuddering Woods, and the quickest way there is to cross at the River Rush," Peter explains.

"But unless I'm mistaken, there's no crossing in these parts," Trumpkin says.

"That explains it, then. You're mistaken," Peter says lowly. They find where the crossing used to be at.

"You see, over time, water erodes the earth's soil, carving deeper..." Susan begins to explain.

"Oh, shut up," Peter orders.

"Is there a way down?" Edmund asks Trumpkin.

"Yeah, falling," Trumpkin answers.

"Well, we weren't lost," Peter states.

"There's a ford near Beruna. How do you feel about swimming?" Trumpkin says.

"I'd rather that than walking," Susan answers. Everyone but Lucy turns around and starts walking.

"Aslan? It's Aslan! It's Aslan over there!" Lucy yells getting everyone's attention but when she turns back he is gone. "Don't you see? He's right there."

"Do you see him now?" Trumpkin asks.

"I'm not crazy. He was there. He wanted us to follow him," Lucy explains.

"I'm sure there is any number of lions in this wood. Just like that bear," Peter says.

"I think I know Aslan when I see him," Lucy defends.

"Look, I'm not about to jump off a cliff after someone who doesn't exist," Trumpkin states.

"The last time I didn't believe Lucy I ended up looking pretty stupid," Edmund says.

"Why wouldn't I have seen him?" Peter asks.

"Maybe you weren't looking," Lucy answers.

"I'm sorry, Lu," Peter says before he and Susan start following Trumpkin. Lucy looks where she saw Aslan one last time while Edmund waits for her. They then follow the others.

(Athena POV)

I put my hood back on as we start walking to the Narnian gathering. Caspian is standing in the middle of everyone so he can explain everything.

"Kill him! Telmarine! Liar! Murderer!" The Narnians yell at Caspian.

"All this horn proves is they've stolen yet another thing from us!" Nikabrik states and I send him a glare.

"I didn't steal anything," Caspian says.

"Didn't steal anything?" Nikabrik asks. "Shall we list the things the Telmarines have taken?"

"Our homes!" A Minotaur calls out.

"Our land!" A lady Centaur calls out.

"Our freedom!" A fawn calls out.

"Our lives! You stole Narnia!" The crowd yells.

"You would hold me accountable for all the crimes of my people?" Caspian asks.

"Accountable and punishable," Nikabrik states.

"That is rich coming from you, dwarf. Have you forgotten it was your people,

who fought alongside the White Witch?" Reepicheep says as he unsheathes his sword.

"And I'd gladly do it again, if it would rid us of these barbarians," Nikabrik says.

"Then it's lucky that it is not in your power to bring her back," I state.

"Or are you suggesting that we ask this boy to go against Aslan and Queen Athena now?" Trufflehunter asks. The crowd cheers for Aslan and me. "Some of you may have forgotten, but we badgers remember well, that Narnia was never right except when a Son of Adam was king."

"He's a Telmarine! Why would we want him as our king?" Nikabrik asks and the Narnians agree.

"Because he can help us," I state.

"It's a trick! Why should we listen to either of you?" Some yells. I run out of patience and throw my hood off.

"At least hear him out!" I order and everyone gasps.

"High Queen Athena, the Angel of Hope," Is murmured throughout the crowd before they all bow.

"Beyond these woods, I'm a prince. The Telmarine throne is rightfully mine! Help me claim it, and I can bring peace between us," Caspian explains since everyone is quiet. The Narnians rise.

"It is true. The time is ripe. I watch the skies, for it is mine to watch as it is yours to remember, badger. Tarva, the lord of victory, and Alambil, the lady of peace, have come together in the high heavens. And now here, a Son of Adam has come forth to offer us back our freedom," Glenstorm explains as he steps forward.

"Is this possible? Do you really think there could be peace? Do you? I mean, really?" A squirrel questions.

"Two days ago, I didn't believe in the existence of talking animals or dwarves or centaurs. Yet here you are in strength and numbers that we Telmarines could never have imagined. Whether this horn is magic or not,

it brought us together," Caspian answers.

"And together, we have a chance to take back what is ours," I say while looking at Caspian. I give him a nod.

"If you will lead us alongside Queen Athena, then my sons and I offer you our swords," Glenstorm states while the centaurs draw out their swords. The rest of the Narnians hold out their weapons.

"And we offer you our lives, unreservedly," Reepicheep says as he holds his sword and bows. I unsheathe my sword and raise it in front of me.

"Miraz's army will not be far behind us, sire," Trufflehunter states.

"If we are to be ready for them, we need to hurry to find soldiers and weapons," I tell Caspian.

"I'm sure they will be here soon," Caspian states.