Athena!

CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11

(3rd Person POV)

Peter sees Miraz out on a balcony and starts making his way up to him with a Minotaur following him. Caspian also sees Miraz and heads in that direction. Edmund continues to run from the archers and finds himself trapped on a balcony of a tower. Trumpkin had been using his bow from the window to the gate room when Telmarines bust in. A Telmarine hits him with a shield sending Trumpkin flying out the window. Trumpkin lands on a soldier before finally the ground.

"No! Trumpkin!" Athena yells as she saw it happen. Peter hears her yell and sees Trumpkin on the ground not moving. The Telmarines make the gate start to close but a Minotaur catches it.

"Fall back! We need to retreat! Now!" Peter calls as he starts making his way down the castle.

"Go! Get her out of here!" Athena yells at Glenstorm and points at Susan. Glenstorm runs past Susan and picks her up as he does before he runs out of the gate. "Back to the gate! Go!"

"Caspian!" Susan calls back.

"I'll find him!" Athena calls to her. Athena then feels a slice across her back. She turns around to see a Telmarine and she instantly kills him.

"Go! Get out! Go! Get out! Retreat!" Peter yells to the Narnians. The Telmarines bust the door open on the balcony Edmund is at. Edmund looks behind himself and sees a Griffin. The Telmarines get ready to charge at him but he falls off of the tower and the Griffin catches him. Peter passes another centaur and orders, "Get Athena out of here." Even though he did not know where she was. "Follow me! Drawback! Get out! Retreat!" Caspian busts out of the stables with the Professor and an extra horse. Caspian rushes over to Peter who gets on the extra horse. Athena gets on the centaur. Peter, Caspian, the professor, and a few other Narnians make it out of the gate before the Minotaur holding the gate collapses. Reepicheep is able to make it out from under the gate. Peter stops just outside of the bridge.

"Queen Athena!" Reepicheep calls out as he sees her trapped on the other side of the gate on the back of the centaur. Peter turns and finds her on the other side.

"No! Athena!" Peter calls out. Peter looks back at Glenstorm who lowers his head. The drawbridge slowly starts to come up.

"Peter! The bridge!" Susan calls out.

"Go, Peter!" Athena yells at him. Peter takes off and his horse jumps from the bridge making it to the other side. Athena jumps off of the centaur before they share a nod.

"In the name of Aslan!" Athena yells and raises her sword in the air as her and the remaining Narnians charge back into the fight. Caspian, Susan, and Peter all have tears streaming down their face as they ride off. Athena fights her way through the Telmarines and finds herself beside Trumpkin.

"Grab him!" She yells at a faun near her. Athena clears a path through the Telmarines as her and the faun, make it to the top. As they reach the top the faun is shot down. Athena sees Edmund overhead. "Edmund!" Edmund makes the Griffin swoop down and Athena holds Trumpkin up. The Griffin grabs Trumpkin and arrows start coming their way. "Go!" The Griffin flies off and an arrow embeds itself in Athena's leg. Athena screams out in pain before falling to the ground. Miraz comes out of the door and towards Athena. Athena painfully stands up and sees a Griffin waiting down below.

"Well, if isn't the Queen of old, the Angel of Hope," Miraz states as he holds up his sword to Athena's throat. "Too bad you are going to die like the rest of your people." Athena laughs and Miraz looks at her confused.

"Not today, I'm not," Athena says before she falls backward. The Griffin catches her in its claws and starts flying back to camp.

Back at the How, Lucy traces the pattern on her cordial. She hears something from outside and puts the cordial away before running outside.

"What happened?" Lucy asks as Peter and the rest get closer.

"Ask him," Peter says as he looks towards Caspian. Peter blames him for Athena getting trapped and the rest of the Narnians deaths.

"Peter," Susan tries.

"Me?" Caspian asks as he looks at Peter. Caspian blamed himself for not making sure Athena was out, but he blamed Peter for the death of the Narnians. "You could've called it off. There was still time."

"No, there wasn't, thanks to you," Peter argues. "If you kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive and Athena would have made it out." Lucy feels tears well up in her eyes as she searches for Athena and does not find her.

"If you'd stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be! Athena wanted to stay here!" Caspian defends himself.

"You called us, remember?" Peter asks.

"My first mistake," Caspian says.

"No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people," Peter argues.

"I am not the one who abandoned Narnia and Athena!" Caspian argues back.

"You invaded Narnia and drove Athena from her home. You have no more right to lead it than Miraz does. You, him, your father... Narnia's better off without the lot of you," Peter replies angrily. Caspian shouts and unsheathes his sword while turning to face Peter, who unsheathes his sword as well.

"Stop it!" Edmund calls as Glenstorm carries Trumpkin forward for him. Lucy rushes forward grabbing her cordial as they lay Trumpkin on the ground. Lucy drops a drop of the juice into Trumpkin's mouth and he starts to come to. "Athena saved him. I don't know what happened to her." Lucy starts to cry at the thought of her friend being gone.

"What are you all standing around for? Telmarines will be here soon enough," Trumpkin says as he sits up. "Thank you, my dear little friend." Caspian goes inside the How, to the room where the stone table is with Nikabrik following after him.