Aslan?

CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7

(3rd Person POV)

Trumpkin and the Pevensies make it to Beruna, only to find Miraz's army building a bridge.

"Perhaps this wasn't the best way to come after all," Susan states. They sneak away and head back to River Rush.

"So where exactly do you think you saw Aslan?" Peter asks Lucy.

"I wish you'd all stop trying to sound like grown-ups. I don't think I saw him, I did see him," Lucy answers.

"I am a grown-up," Trumpkin states.

"It was right over..." Lucy says as the ground caves beneath her and she screams.

"Lucy!" Susan calls out and they run to her.

"...here," Lucy finishes. They are able to climb down the side of the cliff and the cross the river to climb up the other side. It is nightfall by the time they reach the other side so they set up camp for the night.

"Lucy, are you awake?" Susan asks before she sits up. "Why do you think I didn't see Aslan?"

"You believe me?" Lucy asks as she also sits up.

"Well, we got across the gorge," Susan answers.

"I don't know. Maybe you didn't really want to," Lucy says.

"You always knew we'd be coming back here, didn't you?" Susan asks.

"I hoped so. I mean we did leave Athena," Lucy answers.

"I finally just got used to the idea of being in England," Susan states as she lies back down.

"But you're happy to be here, aren't you?" Lucy asks.

"While it lasts," Susan answers before going to sleep. Peter's dreams were plagued with trying to find Athena. Lucy then lays back down and falls asleep.

Lucy wakes up the next morning to find everyone else asleep. Lucy feels magic pulling her into the woods, so she follows it. She watches as the trees come alive and a dryad floats past her. Lucy follows the dryad and another one shows up. The trees move to create a pathway that Lucy follows. Lucy feels the magic pull her and she runs around a boulder.

"Aslan!" Lucy calls as she sees the great lion. Lucy runs up to the great lion and gives him a hug. "I've missed you so much." Lucy takes a step back from Aslan. "You've grown."

"Every year that you grow so shall I," Aslan explains.

"Where have you been? Why haven't you come to help us?" Lucy questions.

"Things never happen the same way twice, dear one," Aslan answers. A twig snaps and Lucy truly wakes up from the dream that she was having about Aslan.

"Susan! Wake up!" Lucy whispers to Susan.

"Certainly, Lu. Whatever you like," Susan says in her sleep as she rolls over. Lucy hears another twig snap so she gets up to go check it out. She follows the same way that she went in her dream.

"Wake up," She tells a tree as she stops to touch it. "Aslan?" Lucy walks around a boulder. Peter had followed Lucy. Peter grabs Lucy and covers her mouth pulling her behind some bushes. They peek around and see a Minotaur. Peter not knowing that they were now on the Narnian side goes to sneak up on the Minotaur. Peter unsheathes his sword. All of a sudden another sword clangs into his. Little did Peter know he was fighting Prince Caspian and little did Caspian know he was fighting a king of old. Peter hits Caspian in the face before attacking again. Peter is able to knock Caspian's sword from his hands. Peter swings hard at Caspian who ducks and Peter sword gets stuck in a tree. Caspian goes to grab Peter's sword while Peter picks up a rock. "No, stop!" Lucy calls out as Peter heads towards Caspian with the rock.