PART 2, SECTION 1

Part 2: Stiff

I really wasn't the kind of person who would ever act like this—or even think like this.

First of all, I wouldn't ever seriously consider sleeping around on my husband, even if maybe our marriage had fallen into a pretty deep rut. And I'm definitely not the kind of person who would ever actually get, well, just a little bit, um, excited, at a stranger's touch creeping past my waistline. I wouldn't ever let anyone put their hand on me while I was careening down a highway in the dark, probably not even Shawn in high school. And what I absolutely wouldn't ever do would be to actually hope that it was my sister's husband who was doing it.

Or at least I thought I wasn't that kind of person. Not until now. And I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

A voice whispered behind me. 

It wasn't what I expected. It wasn't Ian's voice, that's for sure. And it definitely wasn't any guy I knew.

"You're so hot," it said.

Then there was laughter. Shocked laughter. It was Morgan.

"Oh my God!" she said, no longer whispering and now laughing out loud. She jerked her hand away from my pants. "You actually got a little into that, I think!"

Finally I was able to slow the car to a reasonable speed and I quickly turned my head, just enough to glimpse the outline of Morgan's face.

"What the hell are you doing?" I snapped my head back around to keep my eyes on the road, then glanced in the rear-view mirror. "Morgan! What are you doing in my car?"

I was still so startled that I could barely process the fact that the person who had just had their hand down my pants had been my best friend. And it really weirded me out. So maybe one time at a lame-ass football party in high school some of the guys had pressured us into kissing each other, and we'd gone along just to prove we weren't prudes. But otherwise Morgan had never done anything like this.

She couldn't stop laughing. "Who did you think I was!"

"You scared me!" I said, trying to sound more annoyed than flustered and pretending I hadn't been turned on. "Morgan? What the hell? I almost wrecked the car! Your hands are like ice! What the hell are you doing in here?" 

"That was the funniest thing ever!" She kept laughing. "I thought you were so scared, at first. But obviously you weren't just scared!"

Still giggling, she climbed over the seat. I pulled Ian's hoodie out of the way, careful to keep the gun wrapped inside, before she sat down.

"But, wow, actually," she said, "I mean where did your tummy go? There's like nothing there." She reached over and felt my abdomen. "I didn't know you were trying to lose weight, Ash. Whatever you're doing, it's working."

I was still flustered, and I couldn't understand why Morgan would decide to hide in my car and then try to reach into my pants out of the blue. It was bizarre. Nothing was making any sense.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please VOTE 🌟 before continuing! Thanks! ;)  xxBailey