PART 3, SECTION 2

I don't know if it was because her mind just shut down from the trauma of being attacked by Mr. Hershel, or if it was because of some other reason which I didn't fully understand. But right after I saw her curled up in Ian's lap in my car, his arms holding her tightly and their lips somehow pressed together, Morgan convulsed briefly, then she collapsed.

Ian tried to wake her.

"Morgan?" He shook her, and when she didn't wake he lightly slapped her face. "Morgan? You need to stay with us! Morgan!"

But she wouldn't wake up.

I threw the spare clothes I'd grabbed into the back and squeezed beside Morgan, who was now lying slumped and unmoving in the passenger seat.

Ian raced us back to my parents' house. All the way there I did my best to keep talking to Morgan and calling her name into her ear, like Ian told me to do. But every time I gave her another series of brisk slaps, my best friend's head only rolled back down against her shoulder.

In the middle of all this, Ian tried to explain what I'd just seen going on between them.

"I don't know what happened," he said. "I don't understand. I was trying to comfort her and suddenly her hands were all over me. And then she was kissing me. After everything she just went through." He shook his head emphatically. "I don't know why she would do something like that." 

Everything about Ian's tone should have told me that he was telling the truth that Morgan had just started pressing her body against his and kissing him, out of the blue. But now, honestly, I couldn't be totally sure. The Ian I knew was an extremely honest person, but that didn't mean he was incapable of lying to me. I wasn't naïve. After Morgan had told me at the fair that she was cheating on Jason with someone she couldn't name, and after I'd found Ian's hoodie and gun in my car where Morgan had slept, and after I'd just watched the way she'd been kissing him, I couldn't shake the idea that Morgan and Ian had been secretly sleeping together before all of this had started.

For now, I tried not think about it. Somehow I'd find out the truth later, but not now. More than anything else I was terrified that Morgan might die. She still wasn't waking up. . . 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please VOTE 🌟 before continuing! Thanks! ;)  xxBailey