Chapter 1

Lizzie Saltzman has always had a thing for the boy she could never have. But forsome reason, she thought this time would be different. After the events of Malivore,they had finally started to adjust to their life once again. Josie had been holed uptrying to figure out the deal with the ascendant and what it led to. Their dadwouldn't tell them anything, so Josie took it upon herself to figure it out. Lizzie, onthe other hand, has gone to Europe with her mother. She thought that after the past year's events she needed a change of pace before the summer started.

Lizzie returned a week before summer ended. There were new students at the school but one, in particular, stood out to Lizzie. She didn't want to date anyone just yet. She made her way to her bedroom and saw Josie on her bed going through some books.

"Hey, Jo, what are you doing?" Lizzie asked, Josie surprisingly looked up from her book and saw her sister standing by the doorway.

"I completely forgot you came back today. But to answer your question, I think I may have found the answer to what the ascendant is and what it is used for." Josie said standing up grabbing the book she was reading and showing it to Lizzie.

"Jo please tell me you did not spend your whole summer figuring this out?" Lizzie asked

"Of course not, I was just trying to get the answers dad wouldn't give us. After he told us about the merge he didn't say anything else. What if this helps us avoid the merge?" Josie said

"Fine, what did you find?" Lizzie asked

"So it says that the ascendant is some kind of key to a prison world. The prison world was created by the Gemini Coven. If the coven dies so does the prison world. And in order to open it, you need the blood of a bennet witch, a celestial event, the ascendant, and a witch to cast the spell. I read this other book about the Gemini coven, apparently, they all died the day of dad's wedding with bio mom. When they died so did the prison worlds they created. So if there is an ascendant another prison world was created." Josies explained to her sister.

"Wait but if the prison worlds can only be created by the Gemini Coven who created this one?" Lizzie asked in confusion

"I think we did Lizzie. We are the only survivors of the Gemini Coven, we are the only ones who could've created it." Josie said

"I think we would remember creating a prison in another dimension," Lizzie said.

"I mean how much do you remember from when we were younger?" Josie asked

"Not a lot, I remember bits and pieces but nothing is completely there," Lizzie said

"Exactly, we don't remember what really happened when we were younger," Josie explained

"Is there a way to remember anything from when we were younger?" Lizzie asked

"I mean we could try going into our subconscious and see if can remember anything," Josie said.

"Okay, but before we try anything what else did you find?" Lizzie asked not wanting to do any rash decision.

"I found a book in Dad's office, it had notes written all over it. It had information about the merge, the ascendant, and it had a name written on the margin, Kai Parker."

"Why does that name sound so familiar?" Lizzie asked in confusion.

"I don't know but whoever he is, he must have something to do with the Gemini Coven," Josie said.

"This is too much for me to handle right now, can we talk about it later?" Lizzie said throwing herself on her bed.

"Okay. Liz, we have to give the new students a tour of the school." Josie said getting up from her bed and making herself presentable.

"Why do we have to do it? Can't anyone else do it?" Lizzie whined

"Because we promised dad," Josie said

"Fine, let me just get changed," Lizzie said getting up and changing her clothes to her uniform.

The girls made their way to the front of the school to greet the new students. Lizzie and Josie only give tours to the upper-class students, the rest are given a tour by other students. Josie and Lizzie only had one new student to give a tour to. They introduced themselves to him.

"Welcome to The Salvatore School." Lizzie greeted the boy

"We're your tour guides."

"I'm Josie."

"I'm Lizzie. Sisters."

"Twins."

"Fraternal" Lizzie corrected her sister, "Obvs."

The boy looked at the twins but studied Lizzie more carefully. He saw something in her, potential if you could say. She was going to be one hell of a challenge. "Sebastian, nice to meet you both." he smiled at them. Lizzie has always had a thing for bad boys.