Chapter 21

After leaving school, Lizzie needed to find Sebastian. It was because of her he had turned off his humanity. She needed to do everything in her power to find him, the only problem was that she didn't know where to start. Lizzie roamed the woods trying to see if she was able to track him down, but had no luck. Instead of wasting time in the woods, Lizzie went back to the school to do a locator spell. When she arrived, Lizzie headed to his room to grab one of his things to do the locator spell. She didn't want to let her emotions in yet, she harmed the people she cared about. Lizzie grabbed one of his t-shirts in order to track him. She brought the shirt to her nose, inhaling his scent. That was when she broke, she fell to the ground crying. She had caused so much pain to the people she cared for the most. She made Sebastian turn it off when he had told her that he didn't want to be someone who hurt people just to hurt them. She sat on the floor clinging to his shirt, tears falling down her cheeks.

Caroline and Alaric had heard Lizzie come back, they guessed she would be in Sebastian's room, so they went there. When they entered the room they saw Lizzie crying on the floor. They immediately made their way to hug her.

"Lizzie, what's wrong?"Alaric asked

"It's my fault, everything is my fault," Lizzie said crying

"Sweetheart listen to me, what happened wasn't your fault, that wasn't you. We forgive you for what happened, we know that wasn't you," Caroline said

"But it was me, mom, I chose to let the darkness take over. I made the choice to turn it all off, I made the choice to stop feeling because I couldn't deal with the heartbreak. I killed innocent people for the fun of it. I'm a killer," Lizzie said crying even harder. She let all that guilt in and it was hitting her all at once. It hurt so bad to feel everything she had avoided. All that heartbreak, pain, fear, and guilt.

"Lizzie listen to me, I've been where you are right now. I turned my humanity off when my mom died, during that time I did things that to this day still haunt me. I killed people, innocent people. Those things still follow me, I feel guilty for those people. But I got through it because I had people that cared about me, people that helped me get through it. I'm going to help you get through it," Caroline said

"We all are," Alaric said

"You promise?" Lizzie whispered

"I promise. Now let's go find Sebastian before he hurts anyone else," Caroline said getting up from the floor, helping Lizzie get up. They made their way to Alaric's office where Josie and Hope were. Lizzie clung to Sebastian's shirt not wanting to let it go. When Lizzie entered the room Josie looked up and met her sister's eyes. She made her way over to Lizzie and gave her a hug.

"I'm glad you're back," Josie said

"I'm sorry for what I did to you, to both of you," Lizzie said looking at her sister then at Hope.

"We know that wasn't you," Hope said giving Lizzie a smile, which she returned

"I need to do a locator spell to track him. I searched the woods but nothing," Lizzie said. She closed her eyes and started to chant the spell.

"Phasmatos tribum nas ex veras," Lizzie chanted. She started to see blond women on the ground. She couldn't quite make out who she was. She saw trees surrounding them, and a well. They were at the Lockwood's old property. When the visions stopped she opened her eyes.

"I know where he is, he's at the Lockwood's old property," Lizzie said making her way out the room but was stopped by Alaric.

"Maybe you should stay here, let us take care of it," He said

"No I have to go, it's my fault he's like this, I can bring him back," Lizzie said

"Are you sure you're up for it?" Alaric asked concerned for his daughter

"No, but I have to do this, I need to do this alone," Lizzie said making her way to the Lockwood's old property. When she was nearing the property, she heard someone talking, it sounded like a woman, she could also hear Sebastian's voice.

"You don't have to do this, Sebastian," the woman said

"Of course I do, you made me into a monster, and then kept me locked in a box or almost 500 years," Sebastian said. He grabbed a branch and was about to steak her but Lizzie pulled her out of the way before he could do it.

"Isabelle?" She asked in confusion

"Thanks for the save," Isabelle said

"Sebastian what are you doing? This isn't you," Lizzie said

"Elizabeth, this is me. I've tried to push it down but when you made me turn my emotions off I realized that this is exactly the person I am," Sebastian said

"No, you're not. You're better than this. This isn't the person I fell in love with. Be that person again, you can come back from this, please do it for me," Lizzie pleaded. She could see a shred of humanity in his eyes, but in a split of a second, it was gone. Sebastian used his vampire speed to get to Lizzie grabbing her by the neck.

"Don't try that ever again," Sebastian said angrily

"Let me go," Lizzie said trying to get out of his hold but he was too strong.

"You're forgetting I'm much stronger than you are, Elizabeth," He said

"Yea but you're forgetting I'm also a witch," Lizzie said chanting a spell, "Phasmatos somnus," knocking Sebastian unconscious.

She then looked at Isabelle, she needed answers.

"What are you even doing here?" Lizzie asked Isabelle

"I was looking for someone to snack on, but then Sebastian found me," Isabelle said

"I need your help to bring him back," Lizzie asked, she really didn't want to ask her for help but at this point, she was willing to try anything.

"I'll help you," Isabelle said. They carried him back to the school taking him to her room. Lizzie had sealed the room so Sebastian wouldn't be able to leave, and neither could she or Isabelle. Sebastian woke up confused at his surroundings, but then realized he was in Lizzie's room.

"Why have you brought me back here?" He asked

"Because I'm going to do whatever it takes to bring you back, you're like this because of me," Lizzie said

"Come on Sebastian we both know this isn't really you. All those centuries ago, you didn't like feeding on innocents, you despised it. Which is why you only fed on those who wronged others. Turn it back on, before you destroy the life you have built for yourself here," Isabelle said

"You know nothing," He said

"I know more than you think, you say I don't care about you, but I do. You were the first person I truly loved and loved me back. I know that deep down this isn't the real you. You have someone who cares about you and that you care about. Do it for her. Let it all in," she said

"Please Sebastian, I love you. Come back to me," Lizzie said, tears falling down her cheeks. She got closer to Sebastian and put her hand on his cheek caressing it. Sebastian closed his eyes, feeling her touch, he let all those emotions he was burying in letting them surface once again.

"I love you too, Elizabeth," Sebastian said. 

Author's note:  I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I can't wait for you guys to read the final chapter. Before I put up the final chapter I want to say thank you. Thank you for reading this story it really means a lot to me. I hope you guys won't be disappointed with the end.