Chapter 4

Sebastian woke up before anyone else, he had been doing this since he got here. Usually, it was to go into town and have a morning snack. The animal blood barely gave him any strength and it was making him weak, he wasn't used to it. This time was different, he got up and went to the library, for some reason he actually wanted to help Lizzie figure out the whole merge mess. He was starting to feel things for her, but he was trying to push it away. Sebastian pulled out a couple of books, one of them was about siphoners. It said the same basic information that she had told him. There was one person that might actually have information about this whole things, Damon Salvatore. He didn't know where he lived, but he was the only person that might actually have information about this. He would have to ask Lizzie if she knew where he lived. After reading tons of books he went out into town to grab a quick snack before he had to get ready for class.

Lizzie woke up and for the first time in a while, she felt amazing. She got up and took a shower, before heading to class. After her shower, she put on her school uniform and went out the door. She went to go talk to her dad, he didn't want to give them any answers about the merge, but she had to know. Before she reached her dad's office she was stopped by Sebastian.

"Hey Lizzie, I was hoping I could talk to you for a second?" Sebastian said

"Sure about what?" Lizzie asked

"I've been thinking about what you told me, about the merge and I think I know someone that might know something about it. Maybe even how to prevent it." Sebastian explained

"Who?" Lizzie asked curiously

"Damon Salvatore. Do you know him?" He asked

"Yea, he's friends with my dad. I think he and Elena still live here in Mystic Falls. I mean she does have her medical practice in town. Why do you think Damon will be able to tell us more about the merge?" She said

"Well if he knew your dad, then he probably knew your birth mother. And maybe has any insight about the merge. It's worth a shot." Sebastian said

"Okay, we can go into town after classes are over. My dad already yelled at me for ditching yesterday. I need to go talk to him, I'll see you later. Meet me by my room after class." Lizzie said as she left to her dad's office.

"Hey dad, can I talk to you for a minute?" Lizzie asked as she entered her dad's office.

"Sure, what about?" Alaric said

"You haven't really told Josie and me anything else about the merge, and I want to know why. Don't we have a right to know?" Lizzie said not knowing how else to ask her dad about the merge.

"Because I don't want you to worry about it. Your mother and I have been searching for a way to avoid it. We just want you and your sister to not worry about it." Alaric explained

"Well, it's too late for that. All Josie does now is reading books about the merge and the Gemini Coven. Who's Kai Parker?" Lizzie asked

"Where did you hear that name?" Alaric asked caught off guard

"Who is he?" Lizzie asked once again

"He's nobody you should worry about. Promise me you will stop looking into this. When I'm ready to tell you, you'll know everything." Alaric said

"Fine, I'll let it go for now. I'll see you later dad." Lizzie said leaving her dad's office. After she left her to class, she needed to find more about this Kai Parker. He probably was the answer to avoid the merge. She needed to find Sebastian after class. After enduring her boring class she went to find Sebastian. She figured he was in his room so she headed that way. When she got there, she knocked on the door, but there was no answer. She opened the door, but there was nobody there. She made her way into the room to look around but concluded he wasn't there and made her way out. When she was leaving, she bumped into someone. It was Sebastian.