Chapter 13

Isabelle needed to come up with a way to get Sebastian back. When she first desiccated him, she didn't want to do it but did it to protect the supernatural world from humans. She really did care for him. Suddenly an idea popped in her head. But it involved going to go meet Lizzie, she knew if Sebastian found out she talked to her it would ruin her whole plan.
Sebastian and Lizzie woke up to someone calling out to them when they opened their eyes Josie was standing next to the bed trying to wake them up.
"You guys need to get up, mom and dad are coming. If they see you here, they'll flip out." Josie said, Sebastian quickly got up and left the room.
"Thanks," Lizzie said to her sister, Josie nodded at her. Within minutes Alaric and Caroline entered the room.
"Good morning girls," Alaric said as he and Caroline entered the room
"Good morning dad, mom," Lizzie said
"Why aren't you ready yet?" Caroline asked Lizzie
"Because I just woke up. Why what is going on?" She responded
"We're going on a trip, the four of us. Your father and I decided that we should bond again and try to be the family we once were." Caroline said
"So now you want to be a family?" Lizzie asked
"Elizabeth please," Alaric said
"What I'm just saying the truth. You left two years ago and never came back until now. Where were you when I needed you. I missed my mother and you weren't there. And then suddenly you're back and acting all high and mighty. They might be able to pretend as nothing happened but I'm not. You three can go on you're little trip but I'm not." Lizzie said grabbing a pair of clothes and her towel. She left the room and made her way to the showers.
"I'm sorry mom, she's just dealing with things right now. I'll talk to her." Josie said leaving the room. Josie cached up to Lizzie before she could enter the showers.
"Why are you being so mean to mom. She left to help us avoid the merge. It wasn't like she wanted to leave." Josie said
"But they lied to us our whole lives. They never even told us about the merge until we found that stupid ascendant. When mom left she didn't even tell us the truth. The only reason mom came back was that I died and turned into a vampire. If it wasn't for that she probably wouldn't even be here." Lizzie said to her sister.
"Can you just come on the trip, give mom a chance?" Josie asked hopefully
"Fine, give me an hour. I'll meet you guys by the car." Lizzie said
    After talking to her sister, Lizzie went to take a shower before the trip they had ahead of them. After getting out of the shower she went back to her room to start packing her things. Before she left she needed to tell Sebastian because she knew if he didn't see her he would start to worry. When she finished packing she grabbed her bad and left her room. She made her way to Sebastian's room.
"Hey, can I come in?" She asked as she poked her head through the door.
"Yea of course, what is going on?" he asked
"Nothing, I just came to say goodbye. My parents planned an impromptu trip and I'm being forced to go." Lizzie said
"How long will you be gone for?" Sebastian asked
"I don't know, not too long," Lizzie said
"Just be careful, Isabelle is still out there and since you won't be here, she might try something."
"I'll be fine, I doubt she'll try to kill me while my parents are around," Lizzie said
"True, I should let you go then," Sebastian said
"I'll see you when I get back, bye," Lizzie said leaving his room and making her way to the car where her parents and sister where waiting.
"So where exactly are we going?" Lizzie said putting her things in the car.
"I was thinking we could go back to Dallas. You girls loved it there growing up." Caroline said
"So you want us to sit in a car for 17 hours, great," Lizzie said getting in the car.
During the first couple of hours of the trip, Lizzie sat there in silence she didn't even want to go on the trip. She was on her phone texting with Sebastian. She knew he was worried about her but they weren't even in Mystic Falls anymore so there was no way Isabelle could even hurt her. Next thing Lizzie knew their car was about to crash with another car. She didn't know what happened. The car flipped over and she felt something piercing thought her stomach, then all Lizzie saw was darkness.
Lizzie woke up to her mother calling out to her and her sister. Lizzie was starting to wake up, she saw her sister unconscious next to her. She felt a sharp pain on her abdomen, it was a sharp glass that had cut her. She slowly pulled it out and tried to make her way out of the car. She was disoriented but tried to pull her sister out of the car to feed her some of her blood. After pulling Josie out, she checked to make sure she still had a heartbeat. After checking, Lizzie bit into her wrist to feed Josie some of her blood. Caroline had pulled Alaric out and done the same to him.
"What the hell happened?" Lizzie asked her mother
"I don't know I think something hit us, it came out of nowhere," Caroline said.
"We should call an ambulance," Caroline said, taking out her phone from her pocket and started to dial 911. After being on the phone for about 5 minutes, she hung up.
"They'll be here shortly," Caroline said, she saw Lizzie's face, something was troubling her.
"Are you okay, Lizzie?" Caroline asked her daughter
"Yea I'm fine, I'm just thinking. What if someone made us crash on purpose?" Lizzie said
"You think someone wanted to hurt us?" Caroline asked
"It's crazy, just forget it," Lizzie said. They sat there in silence for a couple of minutes until the ambulance arrived. They took Josie and Alaric on an ambulance, even though they were given vampire blood they still needed to be checked out. When they arrived at the hospital Caroline called the school to tell Dorian what had happened. Caroline wanted to make sure the school was safe while they weren't there. After Alaric and Josie got checked out, they made their way back to the school. Lizzie went to the old mill to clear her head. She didn't want to believe that someone wanted to hurt them, but it was possible. She heard footsteps coming toward her. She figured it was Sebastian coming to look for her. When she turned around she saw a woman coming toward her.
"Hey, can I help you?" Lizzie said
"No, but I can help you." the women said
"Who are you?" Lizzie asked
"That's not important. What is important is the person you're seeing." She said
"Isabelle" Lizzie said, fear taking over her body.