Chapter 20

Josie and Hope had chained Lizzie to a chair in the cellar. They needed to make her turn on her humanity. Once they got her tied up to a chair, they needed to come up with a plan to get her to turn it all back on. Lizzie started to wake up and was trying to get out of the roped tied to her arms but they were soaked in vervain.

"You're not getting out of here this time," Josie said

"What makes you so sure?" Lizzie said

"Because we won't let you leave. We're going to make you turn it back on," Hope said

"How exactly are you going to do that, because you tried last time and it didn't work," Lizzie said

"Well, last time we were going easy on you, but not this time, we will break you until you turn it back on. You tried to hurt us, we're your family," Josie said

"I don't care, that's the beauty bout having not humanity you just don't care who you hurt," Lizzie said

"Well, then we don't care if we hurt you," Josie said

"Try it," Lizzie said, Josie went over to her sister and cut her wrist so she would start bleeding out. Josie performed a spell so her wound wouldn't heal.

"Is that all you got?" Lizzie said challenging her

"Lizzie you have to remember who you are, you are not this person. You so much better, you're my sister, please come back," Josie pleaded her sister.

"This is who I am, I'm a vampire. You've always hated me because you were always in my shadow. You don't act like my sister, you are so afraid to be in the spotlight that it makes me the bad guy. If you really want me to turn it back on, you're going to have to do much better than that," Lizzie said
"Lizzie, you have to turn it back on, or we will lock you in a coffin and let you rot there for all eternity," Hope said

"Do it, they'll let me out eventually," Lizzie said

"Come on Lizzie, we don't want to hurt you, don't make us do it. All we want is for you to feel everything you pushed down. Just turn it back on, please, we'll help you through everything," Hope said

"No, I won't, I won't feel all that heartbreak all over again, I can't," Lizzie said. Hope could see the fear in her eyes, she wanted to turn it back on but there was still something stopping her. Josie and Hope left the cell, they needed to come up with another plan. They made their way to Alaric's office to speak to him and Caroline.

"Anything?" Caroline asked

"No, there's something still holding her back from turning it on, I just don't know what it is," Josie said

"What else can we do?" Hope asked

"When I turned my humanity off, there were moments where it was fear that was holding me back. I killed people and that guilt, I knew I would feel once it all came back, I was scared of letting all that guilt in. That's what holding her back," Caroline said

"What made you turn it back on?" Hope asked

"My mom, Stefan showed me a memory of my mom. She connected me back to my humanity, which made me turn it back on," She said

"So all we have to do is connect her to something from her humanity, great. Does anyone have any ideas on what that would be?" Hope said, everyone just looked at each other not knowing what to say.

"Okay, well I guess we'll just have to go through her memories," Hope said. Caroline, Hope, Josie, and Alaric made their way to the cell where Lizzie was.

"Ahh you're back, I was getting bored," she said smiling at them.

"Lizzie please, I know what it feels like to not want to feel all the pain. I've turned it off before, and it was the worst decision I ever made. So please just turn it back on," Caroline pleaded, Lizzie just looked away not wanting to look into her mother's eyes.

"You don't want to do this the easy way, I guess we'll just have to do it the hard way," Hope said walking up to Lizzie and snapping her neck.

"Hope, what the hell?!" Alaric said to Hope

"I'm sorry for snapping her neck, but we have to get her to turn it back on. There's still a murderous vampire out there and she's the only one that can help us," Hope said. Hope took hold of Josie's hand and places them on Lizzie's shoulder. They started going through her memories trying to see if anything would connect her to her humanity. They started going deeper into her memories but were pulled out of her mind, there was something blocking one of her memories.

"Damn it, I can't, she's blocking her memories from me. She strong, I can't get through that barrier," Hope said

"Let me try," Caroline said moving closer to Lizzie. She placed her hands on Lizzie's shoulders and got inside her head. All she saw was dark memories, moments that just caused her pain. Caroline didn't understand why Lizzie was putting a barrier between her good memories and the bad ones. She pushed deeper into her subconscious trying to break the barrier, it took her a while but she was able to do it. Once she broke that barrier, everything that connected Lizzie to her humanity came flooding back. Josie, Alaric, and Hope could see tears coming out of Lizzie's eyes, it was working. Caroline saw everything, all the good memories Lizzie has shared with Alaric, Josie and her. These memories were the key to bringing her humanity back. She was suddenly pulled out of her mind.

"What are you doing?" Lizzie said angrily

"Lizzie please, turn it on. You had every good memory we have shared locked away. Remember who you are, we'll be right here with you once you let it all in," Caroline said hopeful, she could see some shred of humanity trying to breakthrough. Lizzie closed her eyes, turning it all back on, all that pain she felt when she found out Sebastian had lied to her. The guilt of hurting all those people, it all came rushing back. Lizzie started to cry, it was all just overwhelming. Alaric and Caroline rushed to her side pulling her into a hug.

"I tried to hurt all of you, I killed innocent people. I can't, I'm so sorry for hurting you," Lizzie said crying

"It's okay sweetheart we forgive you," Alaric said

"No, I was horrible to you. I made Sebastian turn it off, I was selfish. I need to find him, he's like this because of me and I need to make it right," Lizzie said as Alaric untied her from the chair. After getting untied she left the cellar, she had to find him, because it was of her that he had turned it off. She had to make things right.  

Author's note: I hope you guys enjoyed this part. There are only 2 more chapters left and they will go up next week. I was initially going to post after the new episode of legacies but after that episode, let's just say I screamed a lot. SIZZIE NATION WON last night.