Chapter 9

Lizzie woke up to everyone staring at her. The last thing she remembered was getting attacked by something, everything after that was blank. She was having a really back headaches, she could hear everything around her.

"What the hell happened? Would you close the drapes, the light is killing me?" Lizzie said

"Lizzie, you died. After that thing attacked you, you were losing a lot of blood we couldn't stop it. You died with my blood in your system, you're in transition right now." Sebastian said.

"What? No, I can't be dead. I still had time, to decided what I wanted to do. This can't be happening. God, would you just turn that off? It's so loud." Lizzie said standing up from the bed. She couldn't believe that she was transitioning into a vampire.

"Lizzie you have to feed, to complete the transition. You'll die otherwise." Alaric said

"No I can't, I don't want to be a vampire. I can't" She said

"Lizzie calm down. All your emotions are heightened, you just need to stay calm." Alaric said

"How do you expect me to stay calm, I'm turning into a freaking vampire," Lizzie said angrily at Alaric.

"Lizzie I know what you are going through, I've been through it. Let me help you." Sebastian said getting closer to Lizzie

"No, I can't. I need to go." She said quickly leaving the room before anyone could stop her.

Lizzie didn't know where she was going, she just wanted to get away from everyone. It was starting to get dark out. Her hunger for blood started to intensify, she didn't know how long she could keep the hunger subside. She started feeling really weak, it was the hunger. Before she realized she was in town. She could hear everyone's blood pumping. She was in a dark alley and saw a boy coming her way. She was falling to the ground, but before she could fall the boy helped her.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked

"I will be once I feed. I'm sorry about this." She said she sank her teeth into his neck. The boy screamed in horror. Suddenly she was pulled away from him, it was Sebastian.

"Forget this ever happened, go home and clean that up. If anyone asks, you were attacked by an animal." Sebastian said compelling the boy

"Oh my god, I almost killed him. I hurt him." Lizzie said starting to cry.

"Hey, Lizzie you're going to be alright. We'll get through it together, I'll help you every step of the way." Sebastian said pulling Lizzie into a hug.

"Come on, let me take you back to school." He said, vamp speeding them to the school. Once they got to school, Sebastian took Lizzie to her room. He laid her down on her bed, she needed to calm down and rest. The next couple of days were going to be hard for her. Once he saw that she would be alright, he exited her room and went to Alaric's office.

"She's okay. She completed her transition, but almost killed someone. I found her in town she was about to kill the boy she fed on but I got there in time and stopped her." Sebastian said

"Thank you, Sebastian, for helping her," Alaric said

"No problem. I think I'm going to start training her, helping use her new abilities with her magic. But not until she's ready." Sebastian said

"Okay, thanks," Alaric said. Sebastian left his office and went to his room. He had come to realize that Lizzie shouldn't have become a vampire, but he had different ideologies than others. He was from another century, another time, things were seen very differently than they are now. But as he spends more time with her, he starts to realize that she isn't just a toy to use for his amusement, she was real and he loved her. He can't stand the thought to lose her, and for her to turn into a vampire was the worst thing that could happen. He was going to help her embrace her new nature and help her reach all of her capabilities.