Chapter 11

After her morning with Sebastian, Lizzie went back to her room to grab a few things for her next class. She didn't want to bump into her mom, it wasn't that she wasn't glad her mom was back but the circumstance. Her mom hadn't come back in almost 2 years and it took her dying to come back to them. She just had a lot of things going on and her mom being there wasn't helping. After grabbing her things, she was on her way out of the room when she was stopped by her mother.

"Elizabeth I've been looking for you. Where have you been?" Caroline asked

"I've been in class," Lizzie said

"I know you're lying. I checked with your teachers and they said you haven't been to your classes, and it's been going on for a while. So where have you been going?" Caroline asked

"Seriously, you come back after a long time of being gone and demand I give you answers. If you want to be my mother then start acting like it. During the summer all I did was visit doctor after doctor. You have might think you know what's going on with me but you have no idea. So just leave me alone." Lizzie said to her mother. Caroline was stunned at what Lizzie had told her, but deep down she knew that what she said was partly true. She hadn't been with her daughters for a while. Even when Lizzie visited her they didn't spend any time together.

After talking to her mother, Lizzie decided to go find Sebastian. She just wanted to leave somewhere. She didn't want to deal with everything going on around her. After going to the prison world and realizing there was more darkness in her than she thought, then turning into a vampire everything in her life was complicated. Sebastian was the only one that saw her for all her flaws and accepted her for who she is. She went to his class and called him to come outside the class. Sebastian stood up and went outside the classroom to where Lizzie was.

"What's wrong?" Sebastian asked knowing the look she had on her face

"My mom, she thinks she gets what I'm going through but she doesn't. I have all this darkness inside of me and being a witch/vampire isn't helping. I just want to go somewhere and not have to deal with anything."

"Your mother is only trying to look out for you. Everyone has darkness inside of them, but everything depends on whether we want to let it out or hide it. We can go anywhere you want." Sebastian said

"How do you deal with your darkness?" Lizzie asked

"Honestly, I don't sometimes. I try to either push it away or let it out. But in the end, nothing works. You just have to accept the darkness." Sebastian said

"So I should just let it out and try to control it?" Lizzie asked

"Yea it's the only way you'll be able to live with it," Sebastian said.

"Thank you, for helping me and dealing with all my baggage," she said laughing under her breath.

"It's my pleasure," Sebastian said

"Can I ask you something?" Lizzie asked Sebastian nodded

"When we first met why did you pursue me after?" she asked

"I felt drawn to you, I don't know why but I just did. So I had to get to know you and once I did I fell in love with you," he responded

"You love me?" Lizzie asked stunned at what he just said

"Yea I love you Elizabeth," Sebastian said smiling at her

"I love you too, you've been the person I always counted on to help me since we met. I felt drawn to you as well. When I first saw you, I felt something and I didn't know where it was coming from. I promised myself during the summer I wouldn't get involved with anyone but after meeting you I knew I couldn't do that. You're someone who I don' have to hide all my crazy and I could be myself." Lizzie said leaning in to kiss him, he closed the gap between them. The kiss was sweet at first but it quickly escalated, she pulled away after a while.

"Later, meet me in the old mill. 8 o'clock, don't be late." Lizzie said making her way to class, leaving Sebastian in the hallway.

Hours Later

After class had ended, Sebastian went into town to grab a few blood bags from the hospital. After getting caught by Alaric he thought he would lay off feeding on humans and stick to blood bags. He went into the hospital and stole a couple of blood bags. He had to go meet Lizzie at 8. When he started walking towards the school he could feel someone was following him. He went through the woods to see if he could catch the person that was following him. He got on top one of the trees to see from a higher distance. He saw a woman walking, she looked familiar but he couldn't quite place who she was. He waited for the opening window to attack her. She looked lost so that was when he jumped down and pinned her to the ground. When he saw her face he recognized her immediately.

"Hey Sebastian, long time no see." The woman said