WELCOME TO THE END: Chapter 22

It's been a couple of days since Sebastian turned on his humanity. They haven't spoken to each other since then, agreeing to give each other some space. They were both dealing with the aftermath of their no humanity stage. Letting all that guilt and pain all at once was difficult to process. After everything that happened that night, Isabelle had decided to leave mystic falls, she knew Sebastian would be okay with Lizzie by his side. Sebastian apologized for everything that he did, which Lizzie forgave him, but he needed time to forgive himself. Lizzie understood because she also needed to forgive herself for hurting the people she cared for the most. When they saw each other in the hallways at school, they didn't speak just gave each other a smile. They were both still healing from the events that happened, trying to regain a sense of normality.

During that time Caroline and Alaric tried to cheer Lizzie up but nothing worked. They knew it wouldn't be easy for her to get back to her normal self but they just wanted to help her. All Lizzie would do is go to class and then go back to her room not coming out for the entire day. Caroline knew that it wasn't just the adjusting back to normal part that was making her like this, it was also Sebastian. After she was able to get his humanity back, they talked about what would happen next. Caroline had overheard their conversation. Sebastian had told Lizzie that he needed time to adjust back and that he didn't blame her for what happened but blamed himself because it was his actions that triggered her to turn it off. After he said that Sebastian left, leaving Lizzie in that dark cell. She just wanted to be there for her daughter but she knew that she needed her space.

About a week or so of not speaking to each other, Sebastian went to Lizzie's room since that was where she always was ever since that night. He knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" She asked

"It's me," He said, Lizzie knew it was Sebastian

"Come in," she said, sitting up on her bed.

"Can we talk?" he asked, earning a nod from her. He moved to her bed taking a seat on the edge.

"I want to say that I'm sorry for everything that I did. If it wasn't for me you would have never turned off your humanity. When I first met you I didn't know you, I didn't know how special you were. As time went on I fell in love with you, I realized what I was doing was wrong. Everything you did was because of me, and I'm going to live the rest of my immortal life living with it," Sebastian said

"It wasn't just your fault, I made the decision to turn it off. I could've dealt with the pain and heartbreak, but instead of dealing with it I chose to turn it off. I made that choice voluntarily. I forgive you for what you did because I love you, and that will never change. You became the hero of my story," Lizzie said

"I love you too, Elizabeth. I haven't been able to forgive myself for what I put you through. I just feel like I destroyed who you are," He said

"But you didn't, Sebastian. You did the complete opposite, you helped me accept the darkest parts of me. The parts that I was always afraid to show. Being with you was dangerous and exhilarating, it was a breath of fresh air. That's why I fell in love with you because you accepted me for who I am. You weren't scared to be who you are, which helped me accept my darkest parts. You didn't destroy me, you fixed me, you made me whole again," Lizzie said taking his hand and interlocking it with hers.

"And I know we both have a lot more healing to do after what happened, but maybe we don't have to do it alone," she continued. Sebastian leaned closer to her, their lips barely an inch away from one another. Lizzie leaned in closing the gap between them. The kiss was sweet and tender. Sebastian cradled her face, while Lizzie placed her hands on his neck. After a couple of minutes of staying like that, Sebastian pulled away.

"I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else but you," He said smiling at her

Three months later

It's been three months since they had both gotten their humanity back. Each day had been a step into gaining a sense of normal back. Sebastian and Lizzie were the happiest they could ever be. Lizzie was afraid to start drinking human blood again because she didn't want to lose control, but her mother and Sebastian had reassured her that she wouldn't and if she did they would be there by her side. As the days passed, Lizzie was starting to feel better and better. She knew that the demons she had tried to keep buried for most of her life wouldn't resurface as they had. She had control over herself for the first time and that was because of Sebastian. He showed her that it was okay to show your demons, there was nothing wrong with that. He showed her how to believe in herself, and not to be afraid of what she could do. Sebastian learned how to love again, after being betrayed by someone he once loved. She showed him how to care, after a long time. They both still had amends to do but as long as they were with each other they would be alright. It's funny how two broken people, fixed each other with the love they shared for one another.